My first Fatboy!

thisISjoel

rBQenyu.jpg

Ko9WwKA.jpg

DQuumKo.jpg

vKKe1vW.jpg

bnfF4cj.jpg

vLr9GMa.jpg

Got this guy off that auction site recently, was a bit squeaky so today I spent a bit of time oiling and polishing it up (went a bit too hard and polished the numbers right off! lol!) came up pretty nice I reckon :) doors open and close right, no bends or anything, most of the plating looks intact (to my eyes anyway).

Had my eye on a fatboy for a while, glad to finally own one. Gotta get some hobby paint now to repaint the numbers I took off :)

Me too I've got the same there are many G2 Fatboy Adjustable available out there.

Agreed. Nearly every Fat Boy I've found in the wild has been a G2 or G3, with the exception of one E1 that made it's way into my collection.

Great job on the restoration @thisISjoel! You can repaint those numbers with black enamel to restore to factory condition if you wish. There are a ton of tutorials describing the process out there on the internet.

Agreed. Nearly early Fat Boy I've found in the wild has been a G2 or G3, with the exception of the one E1 that made it's way into my collection.

Great job on the restoration @thisISjoel! You can repaint those numbers with black enamel to restore to factory condition if you wish. There are a ton of tutorials describing the process out there on the internet.

To be fair it was in pretty decent shape when I got it, just needed a bit of a polish and oil :)

I'm definitely going to repaint the numbers, but considering a different colour.

To be fair it was in pretty decent shape when I got it, just needed a bit of a polish and oil :)

I'm definitely going to repaint the numbers, but considering a different colour.

Sorry mate, you even mentioned that in your original post. (That's what I get for speed reading over the final sentence!) :facepalm:

Which colour were you thinking of using?

Not asking the purchase price of yours but what is a good window in $$ for a Fatboy? As there are ridiculous prices out there.
Know it's a YMMV point of view.

Not asking the purchase price of yours but what is a good window in $$ for a Fatboy? As there are ridiculous prices out there.

It depends on the condition of the item, but prices on our local eBay seem to fluctuate between $30 and $100. $50 seems a fair price to me for a clean, straight G-series Fat Boy without a case.

No worries, I paid $52 including shipping.

To make the question clearer, what should we be paying for them?

I'm no expert, I based my bidding off the advice of @Mark1966 in this thread.

Well, had my second shave with the fatboy yesterday (first shave since the oil/polish) and it was decent. I used a gillette blue blue blade that the seller included and I don't think it's much chop. Very tuggy first pass (lather was a little dry, which didn't help). Second pass was fine. Problem is after the shave a rinsing/drying the razor the oil has rinsed off and it's squeaky again :( From reading online it would seem that it's probably all crudded up inside and needs either an ultrasonic clean or a full disassemble, clean, and reassemble, however, I don't own an ultrasonic cleaner, nor do I trust myself to attempt disassembly. Anywhere local (within Aus) I can send it for a proper clean/service?

You should try disassembly yourself if you are still inclined, only thing that is abit of a pain is setting the blade gap but even that isn't too hard