My first haul. I may have gone a bit too far...

lerenau

...is a cheeky monkey
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Ok, so I finally got around to organising my first haul of goodies since joining Paste & Cut. Too much?
I've only just started using them over the last couple of days and, so far, I'm very happy with the results. :happy:
It will likely take a month before I've had a chance to properly try everything.

Aussie Products:
  1. Squadron Soap: Spitfire!
  2. Squadron Soap: The Warden
  3. Occams: Crushed Lime soap
  4. Occams: Crushed Lime pre-shave soap
  5. Australian Private Reserve: Mycroft soap
  6. Australian Private Reserve: Mycroft aftershave
  7. Wolfpac: Silk Road soap
Imports:
  1. Barrister & Mann: Lavanille soap
  2. Barrister & Mann: Lavanille aftershave
  3. Barrister & Mann: Cheshire soap
  4. Barrister & Mann: Reserve - Spice
  5. Personna platinum blades(5)
5AnKZOA.jpg

Ok, so I finally got around to organising my first haul of goodies since joining Paste & Cut. Too much?
I've only just started using them over the last couple of days and, so far, I'm very happy with the results. :happy:
It will likely take a month before I've had a chance to properly try everything.

Aussie Products:
Imports:
5AnKZOA.jpg
Great work @lerenau !! Look forward to your thoughts on the Lavanille - its a favourite of a few people here :happy:

You have some some great products there. Not too much mate, that's average haha.

12 months down the track you will realise that what you have there will probably be enough to last you 3 years, but by then you will have another 20+ soaps and then you will come to the next realisation of having enough to last you 2 lifetimes haha.

Aussie Products:
Imports:
5AnKZOA.jpg

A truly outstanding selection of gear for your first haul @lerenau - and great to see a good proportion is home grown products.

Great work @lerenau !! Look forward to your thoughts on the Lavanille - its a favourite of a few people here :happy:
I've only used the Lavanille once so far. I look forward to using it again soon. But, I might try some of the other ones before I get stuck to one. :)

The scent:
I expected a deep vanilla scent (obviously). But the actual smell you get when you open the container was not at all what I thought it would be. In fact, even my wife was betting it would be thrown in the bin in a few days.
Yes. It's vanilla. But it's not the vanilla you would find in gourmet ice-cream or scented candles. To my totally un-trained nose it smells like someone tending to mature vanilla plants after a drenching autumn-afternoon shower.
I swear I can smell raw-vanilla, ample wet earth, and even a hint of coffee. Honestly, to me, it smells like what I thought B&M: Petrichor would smell like (but with more vanilla). Which makes me want to try Petrichor just to answer the question.
The aftershave smells just like the soap. After a few (20?) minutes the scent subsides so that others need to be right up-against you to be able to get a good whiff. I think this is a good thing as it won't attract the public in general. That said, I'm not yet sure if it's work-safe.
By the time the wife had smelt it on me a few times, she was converted. She can't fully understand it either. But she says she loves it and it's now a keeper. (whew!)

The performance:
It looks like you're lathering your face with chocolate mouse. It's not off-putting. It just doesn't look like any other soap I've used.
It lathers quite nicely and even gets a pleasant sheen when worked-up.
I have a lot more soaps to try in my haul. But, it's fair to say that it is the best performing soap I have tried to date. I got a smoother shave with a Feather blade than with any other blade I've tried... Not scientific at all. But I'm sticking to it.

Summary:
The scent is complex. I still haven't fully come to terms with it. But it has me intrigued. YES, it has jumped straight to the top of my list. BUT, I am still really trying to figure it out.
It smells devine! Yet odd.
It looks bizarre during application. But, performs second-to-none.
I love it. I would wear it on date nights. But not to the pub.

This is my first foray into Barrister & Mann's products... And I am very very impressed.

You have some some great products there. Not too much mate, that's average haha.

12 months down the track you will realise that what you have there will probably be enough to last you 3 years, but by then you will have another 20+ soaps and then you will come to the next realisation of having enough to last you 2 lifetimes haha.
My wife and I were discussing this very thing last night!
As I'm approaching middle-age I'm finding that my 'interests' are no-longer idle-pastimes. No, they are obsessions. I don't have time to muck-around these days. I'm all-in or nothin'. :)

My shave gear has now totally taken-over my half of the bathroom. So, the wife and I are considering buying a lockable free-standing display-case just for my den-duties. Haha!

A truly outstanding selection of gear for your first haul @lerenau - and great to see a good proportion is home grown products.
Thanks!
Yes. It was my intention from day-1 to give the local talent a go.
I have no qualms appreciating some select imports (B&M for example). But, I feel the local market should be more than able to sustain me in general.
Now we just a local manufacturer of Razors and Blades and I'll be set!

My wife and I were discussing this very thing last night!
As I'm approaching middle-age I'm finding that my 'interests' are no-longer idle-pastimes. No, they are obsessions. I don't have time to muck-around these days. I'm all-in or nothin'. :)

My shave gear has now totally taken-over my half of the bathroom. So, the wife and I are considering buying a lockable free-standing display-case just for my den-duties. Haha!

LOL - great start :)

Oh, I missed one in my summary!
The picture above also includes "Whispers from the Woods: Sandalwood".

I've only used the Lavanille once so far. I look forward to using it again soon. But, I might try some of the other ones before I get stuck to one. :)

The scent:
I expected a deep vanilla scent (obviously). But the actual smell you get when you open the container was not at all what I thought it would be. In fact, even my wife was betting it would be thrown in the bin in a few days.
Yes. It's vanilla. But it's not the vanilla you would find in gourmet ice-cream or scented candles. To my totally un-trained nose it smells like someone tending to mature vanilla plants after a drenching autumn-afternoon shower.
I swear I can smell raw-vanilla, ample wet earth, and even a hint of coffee. Honestly, to me, it smells like what I thought B&M: Petrichor would smell like (but with more vanilla). Which makes me want to try Petrichor just to answer the question.
The aftershave smells just like the soap. After a few (20?) minutes the scent subsides so that others need to be right up-against you to be able to get a good whiff. I think this is a good thing as it won't attract the public in general. That said, I'm not yet sure if it's work-safe.
By the time the wife had smelt it on me a few times, she was converted. She can't fully understand it either. But she says she loves it and it's now a keeper. (whew!)

The performance:
It looks like you're lathering your face with chocolate mouse. It's not off-putting. It just doesn't look like any other soap I've used.
I have a lot more soaps to try in my haul. But, it's fair to say that it is the best performing soap I have tried to date. I got a smoother shave with a Feather blade than with any other blade I've tried... Not scientific at all. But I'm sticking to it.

Summary:
The scent is complex. I still haven't fully come to terms with it. But it has me intrigued. YES, it has jumped straight to the top of my list. BUT, I am still really trying to figure it out.

This is my first foray into Barrister & Mann's products... And I am very very impressed.

Good description of Lavanille.

The scent:

The performance:

Summary:

Great summary - scents are such an individual thing - but Lavanille is a very complex scent - lots of cocoa, smoky leather, lavender and sweet vanilla to my nose. A wonderful cool weather fragrance :hungry:

I only see 12 months of soap - tops!