My name is JustUncleL or UncleL for short

JustUncleL

My friends and family just call me UncleL (the "L" stands for Lawrie aka Lawrence and is silent).

Why is my handle name "JustUncleL" you may ask. Some 30years or so ago I met and married my first wife who was lovely energetic Thai lady. When I went to Thailand to visit her family and friends for the first time, out of respect for my status within the family the Thai people called me Uncle Lawrie. Unfortunately, Thai people have difficulty pronouncing the "L" and "R", so it would sound like Uncle awie. This eventually became a bit annoying, so in the end I said don't worry "Just call me Uncle". To this day within the Thai family and Thai friends I am referred as just "Uncle". Hence my handle "JustUncleL"... BTW: my second wife is also Thai, so the name tradition continues.

I’ve been "Traditional" shaving with safety razors (Double edge DE and Single edge SE) since I was 61, early in 2014. I started up a YouTube channel called "UncleL Shaves" early last year as a way to vlog my shaves for others to see, I wanted to feature Aussie Artisan gear that is not often seen on other channels and also to pass on some shaving hints and ideas I learnt over the years of my journey.

My friends and family just call me UncleL (the "L" stands for Lawrie aka Lawrence and is silent).

Why is my handle name "JustUncleL" you may ask. Some 30years or so ago I met and married my first wife who was lovely energetic Thai lady. When I went to Thailand to visit her family and friends for the first time, out of respect for my status within the family the Thai people called me Uncle Lawrie. Unfortunately, Thai people have difficulty pronouncing the "L" and "R", so it would sound like Uncle awie. This eventually became a bit annoying, so in the end I said don't worry "Just call me Uncle". To this day within the Thai family and Thai friends I am referred as just "Uncle". Hence my handle "JustUncleL"... BTW: my second wife is also Thai, so the name tradition continues.

I’ve been "Traditional" shaving with safety razors (Double edge DE and Single edge SE) since I was 61, early in 2014. I started up a YouTube channel called "UncleL Shaves" early last year as a way to vlog my shaves for others to see, I wanted to feature Aussie Artisan gear that is not often seen on other channels and also to pass on some shaving hints and ideas I learnt over the years of my journey.
Welcome UncleL

I'm well into the Rabbit hole already ... lol ... after many years of collecting.
Then you must’ve been locked up for too bloody long

giphy.gif

Welcome to P&C @JustUncleL - great to have you here (y)

Welcome @JustUncleL and thanks for sharing your vlog. Good to see you promoting Aussie Artisans on the channel. Watching your Aussie Wednesday Blue DeVil and Gorgotten Art as I type. Will have to watch a few videos and pick up some tips and techniques.