My own review of the Karve Christopher Bradley Razor

gillettedeguy

I know I'm pretty late to try the Karve "Christopher Bradley'' gold brass double edge safety razor in the wetshaving world, but now that I have tried it, I want to write my own review. I purchased the razor in May of 2019 this year with the #C plate. I bought this razor in particular because I heard so many positive and amazing things about it and plenty other reviews saying how mild yet efficient it is. So far, I've done one full shave with it and two touch up jobs on my face and the razor is flawless. Official review below!
First, let's talk about the basics of the razor, general information. The razor is bead blasted according to the note you get with the razor. It says that in time the razor will get black stains, but don't worry it's normal. The finish of the razor is nice, it's gold brass. Very beautiful razor. The razor comes in a brown golden colored box with a razor note and a thank you note. The razor itself comes with your aggression plate of choice and a washer ring on the cap; the piece where you insert the blade.
Next, the weight. In the hands it feels pretty heavy. My other two new popular DE razors which are the Muhle R41 and Rockwell 6C feel more lightweight than this razor. However, I don't find any control issues with the razor which is a plus. It feels nice and hefty which is a favorite preference by many wetshavers. If you like hefty razors, then this razor will do nicely.
Finally, the performance of the razor. What else is there to say except it shaves as expected while using excellent technique. If your technique is off even a bit, you will not get great results with this razor. The angle is not difficult to find though, and it does cut very effectively. Very great shaver.
So, what are my final thoughts? It's very mild, but very effective. It's very, very simple to find the angle, you have to find your technique for your own face; everybody's facial hair grows differently and the bottom line is, I recommend this razor for both beginners and experienced wetshavers. For me personally, the Karve razor is a keeper.

I know I'm pretty late to try the Karve "Christopher Bradley'' gold brass double edge safety razor in the wetshaving world, but now that I have tried it, I want to write my own review. I purchased the razor in May of 2019 this year with the #C plate. I bought this razor in particular because I heard so many positive and amazing things about it and plenty other reviews saying how mild yet efficient it is. So far, I've done one full shave with it and two touch up jobs on my face and the razor is flawless. Official review below!
First, let's talk about the basics of the razor, general information. The razor is bead blasted according to the note you get with the razor. It says that in time the razor will get black stains, but don't worry it's normal. The finish of the razor is nice, it's gold brass. Very beautiful razor. The razor comes in a brown golden colored box with a razor note and a thank you note. The razor itself comes with your aggression plate of choice and a washer ring on the cap; the piece where you insert the blade.
Next, the weight. In the hands it feels pretty heavy. My other two new popular DE razors which are the Muhle R41 and Rockwell 6C feel more lightweight than this razor. However, I don't find any control issues with the razor which is a plus. It feels nice and hefty which is a favorite preference by many wetshavers. If you like hefty razors, then this razor will do nicely.
Finally, the performance of the razor. What else is there to say except it shaves as expected while using excellent technique. If your technique is off even a bit, you will not get great results with this razor. The angle is not difficult to find though, and it does cut very effectively. Very great shaver.
So, what are my final thoughts? It's very mild, but very effective. It's very, very simple to find the angle, you have to find your technique for your own face; everybody's facial hair grows differently and the bottom line is, I recommend this razor for both beginners and experienced wetshavers. For me personally, the Karve razor is a keeper.

For me the Karve C.B is a well balanced and a good performing razor. Now you need to experiment which blades work best for you.

For me the Karve C.B is a well balanced and a good performing razor. Now you need to experiment which blades work best for you.
Today, yesterday and the day before while using the Karve razor, I have used two different Derby Extra blades and so far they're doing great for me. I will take your advice and try different blades, sir. :)