My timeless has landed

StratMan

Got my timeless last night, pretty happy with the delivery time was 6 days from purchase from the US to me in Adelaide.

Presented is such a nice box, and dont really need to say much here as it has been said many times before but the razor itself is absolutely gorgeous piece of art and feels like a solid piece in the hands.

Got to shave with it first time this morning but i had to rush the shave as we had a few meltdowns at work, so time wasn't on my side and with a minimal amount of hair i went to town.

For this event i decided on A&E Club signature soap + new polsilver + A&E Uno splash

I took my time on the first 1st pass and what can i say but it was super super smooth with nice audible feedback. In fact its smoothness (along with the mindless shaves i have with the rockwell) gave me a false sense of security, so i went into rockwell mode and rushed the 2nd pass. This resulted in a few weepers which is something i havnt seen in a while.

stopped at the second pass and ended up with a very very close shave, apart from a few spots around my neck it would of been BBS. If i didnt get those weepers i would of gone another pass but decided against it in case i had gone to far to result in razor burn. Two hours later and no burn, just minimal irritation in a few spots

I wouldnt label this razor as a strong aggressive razor but more of a super efficient one, but on that can bite if you dont pay attention. It certainly is beautiful to look at, luxurious to hold and can tell from now it is an amazing razor.. cant wait to spend more time with it over the coming weeks to dial it in.

Will comment on it again after a few shaves under the belt

46559623245_39faa7b86f_b.jpg

32533041197_249fd868aa_b.jpg

40508782453_7ca1e654c7_b.jpg

40508782483_d7f9e396c6_b.jpg

Congratulations @StratMan .
Now with the experimentation with blades. What works best for moi 0.68 plate paired with the Feather & 0.95 plate paired with the Astra. As usual YMMV applies.
Happy shaves.

Congratulations @StratMan .
Now with the experimentation with blades. What works best for moi 0.68 plate paired with the Feather & 0.95 plate paired with the Astra. As usual YMMV applies.
Happy shaves.

thanks @Nico have you tried polsilvers in the timeless? if not i highly recommend you try it at least once. i have feathers and Astra's at home so will def give them a crack in the coming weeks along with my previous fav's the persona platinum.

in regards to the 0.68 plate.. how different do you find it compared to the 0.95? can u use the 0.95 as a daily and what sort of growth do you have?

i went a bit tight and only ordered the 0.95 to help keep costs down as i felt it would suit as a daily. If it dont work out though will be ordering the 0.68 in OC

hey @tim33z believe it or not, but after that nice shave i had with the wolfman SHE is the one who told me i should get one lol i was arguing against her at the time, but she planted the seed, God bless her, and here we are :)
:wideyed: That's good for you, but she is gonna want something in return.....

thanks @Nico have you tried polsilvers in the timeless? if not i highly recommend you try it at least once. i have feathers and Astra's at home so will def give them a crack in the coming weeks along with my previous fav's the persona platinum.
Yes, just not a comfortable shave for me.

in regards to the 0.68 plate.. how different do you find it compared to the 0.95? can u use the 0.95 as a daily and what sort of growth do you have?
I have European heritage so the beard is quite course. The 0.68 with a sharp blade is a perfect daily driver for me. I would say similar to Rockwell R4. The 0.95 would be similar to the R6, great for mowing down multiple days growth.

i went a bit tight and only ordered the 0.95 to help keep costs down as i felt it would suit as a daily. If it dont work out though will be ordering the 0.68 in OC
My original purchase for a Timeless razor was through the Timeless site, top notch service. Additional purchases such as plates, cap and handle I went through Maggard razors. They offer sales/discounts couple times a year and have more shipping options. This makes it a little more cost effective.
In short, I got a second Timeless, now my son owns it. He gets a DFS with one pass and touch up with the 0.68 OC. I sold the Rockwell to a mate.