My Yaqi's have arrived.

I got the tuxedo synth and pure badger. Ive used the badger about 8 or 9 times, its getting better but i still prefer the tuxedo.

Yes, the Tuxedo is a nice knot.
The way the world is going I think that real badger brushes will die out, and everyone will use synthetics.
Well... I'm glad that I have moved into the right direction using a synthetic brush, I really really do enjoy Badger brushes, because, I keep reaching out synthetic brushes all the times.

Bought two more Yaqi's. They arrived 2 days ago from Yaqi Australia.

Well, I'm learning a new thing every day. I've been reading about all these Yaqi brushes and just assumed for some reason that everyone was buying them from aliexpress. I had no idea that there was a Yaqi shop in Au

I'm wondering how long it's going to take for the brushes that I bought to arrive from China.

Next time I will try the Au shop. Their prices look pretty good.

Just be aware that you should shampoo a new brush to get any remaining dye out of them.

Is this the case with any new brush? And do you mean that you literally wash it with regular shampoo (once, a couple of times?) and then give it a rinse?

Well, I'm learning a new thing every day. I've been reading about all these Yaqi brushes and just assumed for some reason that everyone was buying them from aliexpress. I had no idea that there was a Yaqi shop in Au

I'm wondering how long it's going to take for the brushes that I bought to arrive from China.

Next time I will try the Au shop. Their prices look pretty good.
I ordered 2 brushes from the AliExpress store as the AU shop no longer stocked them, shipped March 5th, landed in Aus on May 12th. Still haven't made it to me yet :(

Yeah using little stick-on neodymium magnets and some galvanized washers attached to the brushes. Hold the weight really well and dries fast! Not sure about the cape idea though... might get in the way

20% off this weekend, who is buying ?

Im happy with my tuxedo synth and will buy one for the father in law - just looking at what brushes i should get next - pony or snow leopard. Im a face latherer.... Any other brushes to consider ?

20% off this weekend, who is buying ?

Im happy with my tuxedo synth and will buy one for the father in law - just looking at what brushes i should get next - pony or snow leopard. Im a face latherer.... Any other brushes to consider ?
My favourite Yaqi is the 26mm Rainbow Pony Knot.
Splays nicely, good size.
2nd place to the Snow Leopard in the Evil Zebra handle...what a cool name!
But yeah...Rainbow Pony Knot.
Trust me on this. But do give the new brush a wee wash/shampoo before using. They can carry a bit of dye that needs washing out of the fibres.

My favourite Yaqi is the 26mm Rainbow Pony Knot.
Splays nicely, good size.
2nd place to the Snow Leopard in the Evil Zebra handle...what a cool name!
But yeah...Rainbow Pony Knot.
Trust me on this. But do give the new brush a wee wash/shampoo before using. They can carry a bit of dye that needs washing out of the fibres.

Didn't want to copy you exactly but that looks like exactly the two brushes im going to order - can't go past the evil zebra both name and looks

Only other one i was considering the Mew - it says its really soft but heard not much backbone and comes in the mocha and purple haze colours....hhhmmm decisions decisions

https://www.yaqishaving.com.au/collections/yaqi-mew-brown-synthetic-knot-shaving-brushes

Didn't want to copy you exactly but that looks like exactly the two brushes im going to order - can't go past the evil zebra both name and looks

Only other one i was considering the Mew - it says its really soft but heard not much backbone and comes in the mocha and purple haze colours....hhhmmm decisions decisions

https://www.yaqishaving.com.au/collections/yaqi-mew-brown-synthetic-knot-shaving-brushes

i have the tuxedo, pony and mew brown... like @Blackie my favorite is the pony, then tuxedo a decent close second but the mew brown is ok, i find it very soft but no backbone

I did NOT need another shaving brush.

However, I took one look at the rainbow pony and nearly drooled into my keyboard. Put in an order last Thursday. They're obviously going fast, there were only 4 left then.

Synthetics have come a long way since I first started shaving back in the '70s, when my first brush was a pig. In 1982 I paid out a king's ransom for a big, beautiful badger from Simpson's while I was in London. That's now nearly as bald as I am, but I've been using a RR Plissoft for the last 6 months and I'm definitely a convert.

Given that nearly all badger hair comes from China, and given also the controversy over their treatment of animals, I'm happier not to be a part of that.

i have the tuxedo, pony and mew brown... like @Blackie my favorite is the pony, then tuxedo a decent close second but the mew brown is ok, i find it very soft but no backbone

Thanks Stratman, i went through your messages with me about your Yaqi synths. Thanks for the advice...

Just putting in my order now before midnight (first purchase of the year)

Yes, the Tuxedo is a nice knot.
The way the world is going I think that real badger brushes will die out, and everyone will use synthetics.

not sure about this one @Blackie... personally i started with synthetics (mostly yaqi) and love them, they work very well but since getting into badgers i rarely use my synthetics anymore.

There is something about using a badger that i enjoy a lot more, and i have only every used two cheap yaqi badgers so really looking forward to a decent one.

IMHO I feel they make the perfect travel brush because they need no prep, or drying time after and they are that cheap your not fussed if you lose one. But for home, badger is now king for me.

Mew Brown knot is excellent with short handles. Yaqi moka 24mm with the mew brown is an excellent all rounder combo. Top 3 favourite brushes. (doesn't need to be expensive to be a great brush) I have yet to be defeated by a soap or cream with this brush. I have about 60-70 brushes and this brush gets regular use and is a favourite of mine in my shave of the day posts. Just lathers great, bowl or face. I prefer face lathering as it's my favourite part of the shave. I have gifted other family members this same brush and they all love it.

really pops in the sunglight
yaqi-brown-synthetic-shaving-brush-rainbow-handle_394x.jpg