My Yaqi's have arrived.

I’m probably due for a new brush. The Tony Forsyth auction brush is showing it’s age. Will add Yaqi to my list. How does it compare to say a Paladin?

Will add Yaqi to my list. How does it compare to say a Paladin?

They both are good brush producers. For the price you could have 10 Yaqi brushes or 1 Paladin. I have silvertip badger brushes from both companies and honestly cannot tell a difference between performance. Value for money vs performance on both synthetic and badger knot brushes, Yaqi is very hard to beat

In saying that and knowing what I know now, I would forget the above options and obtain a custom brush made to your own specifications with advice and guidance from great local artisans brush makers such as TF Customs or Forgotten Art. I know TF Customs has a live YouTube channel where you can participate in the making of your own brush. I can attest to the quality of both TF Customs and Forgotton Art shaving brushes as being very high quality.

Yaqi brushes are also flooding the South African market. We are fortunate to source them from Yaqi SA and 3 other local SA suppliers. So if you can't find a certain brush at the one, chances are good to find it at either one of the other. I own a 30mm tuxedo barber pole. It is an amazing brush especially for head shaving and guys with big faces.