Nacet Stainless :(

~Spyne~

I know a few people like these blades, but I've tried several now, in an early '60s Fatboy and a Ball-end Tech...every single time I regret loading this blade.
The first shave is always pretty horrible. A combination of feeling like there's heaps of blade exposure while being extremely inefficient at mowing down any stubble. I've found '6' a nice setting on the Fatboy with most blades, but not the Nacets. I tried dialling up to get more cutting efficiency, I tried dialling down to try smoothing out the face feel, all to no avail.
When I have ventured for a second or third shave after a few days of mental recovery, they feel slightly better but nowhere near good enough to justify sticking with.
Glad I only grabbed two packets to sample, I think the remaining blades are going directly into my blade bank.

Anyone had similar, or opposite, experience with these abominations?

I've had very much the opposite experience. But each face+hardware+software combination is so different. So, no blade will work in every case.

I am curious. Have you tried Gillette Silver Blues? Permasharps? If so, what was your experience?
I find those blades to be *similar* to Nacets. (at least for me)

I have a FatBoy. But I admit I haven't used it much.
Most of my experience with Nacets is with in a Rockwell 6c or Karve SS. Though I remember using them in my Tech without any problems.

When I rolled exclusively with the Rockwell 6S (R4) as my daily driver, GSB was king for me. I tried Nacets, and for me, they were a bit rough in comparison. YMMV.

I've never tried Nacets in another razor, so unsure whether they'd ever work for me. As the saying goes "there are horses for courses." Nacets may just not suit your razors/face.

What's your soap?
I had 'problems' with a few blades (that I used to like) once I bought a new razor.
I bought a Timeless .68 OC (and tried the .95 OC too), and that showed me that my soaps were not up to scratch.
The guys on here put me on to Fenchurch, Arlington, Maca Root, etc.
Suddenly those blades that I thought had turned bad were quite OK.
So maybe the Nacet is a tad sharper than your usual?
So maybe you could do with a better soap (more slide, more glide)?
I like Nacets, they are a good blade for me.
Send those bad blades to me and I will certainly make sure that they never bother you again :).

I find nacet to be a pretty good blade, around the level of GSB and Gillette Black.

I get 4-5 shaves from the nacet and 3 shaves from GSB and GB.

Nothing compares to Polsilver though with its 7-10 smooth and close shaves!!

(I mostly use Karve D plate & Rockwell 6 plate)

Tried nacet, at first absolutely hated them, too sharp and rough.. tried them a few times after that different razors and now they are ok but I won’t buy anymore

My mate in the other hand, loves them.. loved the from the get go, just how it is

I'm yet to try nacet, but I do have some. Think I'll have to give them a whirl, heck I still have stacks of blades yet to try but ya get that lol.

I couldn't find the original thread but the OP had similar experience with modern blades in vintage razors and it was suggested the .002" (two one thousands inch) difference in thickness was the cause and shimming helped.

Here is a thread on blade thicknesses and if I find the original will post.
https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/vintage-and-contemporary-blade-thickness.473253/

Am yet to use any blade other than spoilers in vintage razors but Nacets are top performer with modern razors

Nacet is my new no1 blade for the EJ 3one6.
Sharp, smooth, and only the 2nd razor blade I have tried where I have got more than 3 shaves out it.

My 1960 fatboy, I get decent shaves using Gilette Platinum.

I am curious. Have you tried Gillette Silver Blues? Permasharps? If so, what was your experience?
I have tried both, and enjoy both. My favourite blades however are the 7OC Blacks, of which I have a (more than) lifetime supply.

What's your soap?
Mostly TOBS - Peppermint, Jermyn St and St James. But also have tubs of P&B Imperial Rum, Rockwell Barbershop and APR Ozy & Fenchurch.

I have tried both, and enjoy both. My favourite blades however are the 7OC Blacks, of which I have a (more than) lifetime supply.

Mostly TOBS - Peppermint, Jermyn St and St James. But also have tubs of P&B Imperial Rum, Rockwell Barbershop and APR Ozy & Fenchurch.
Interesting. I often use a the same soaps (Imperial Rum, Fenchurch) with the same hardware (Gillette Techs + Russian/Gillette-esque blades).
I would have bet money that you would have success with the Nacets given your experience with everything else. Sadly, we may never know the cause.
Bad batch of blades? Different hair/skin reacting specifically to those blades? The alignment of the planets?
... I need to go find my Engineer's hat.

This morning, the natural Scot in me surfaced! I had a spare puck of Rapiras and threw one in my Feather AS-D1 - BIG mistake! I tried both edges, turned over the blade and tried again. S**T! Back to my stash and withdrew a Nacet; aaaaah, HEAVEN! Rapiras went to the tip! Lesson learned!
Not a fan of the Rapiras?