Naked razor

Rhinehoth

... and these are a few of my favourite soaps.
After several days of exchanging emails, I was finally able to order the Blutt rasur from Switzerland. Also waiting on a Henson and H&S razor. I am not impressed with the shipping from those two manufacturers. I ordered the Apollo razor before them and received it sooner (did I mention that shipping was free for the Apollo).

I'm still not entirely sure how the thread title relates to the OP - but I'm still VERY happy the title wasn't Naked Shaving ...

Blutt rasur from Switzerland
6203-C874-B2-E8-4-C0-A-8-E40-915-CAE017-E0-B.jpg

FYI ;)

but I'm still VERY happy the title wasn't Naked Shaving

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Blutt rasur in Swiss-German means naked or bare. Basically, a razor without frills or gimmicks.

I assumed it was something like that BUT ...

... then we got @SpeedyPC anyway ...

:facepalm:

That sounds like serious retail therapy. :eek::LOL:
I hadn’t bough any new razors for a couple of years. Making up for it now though and not done yet. Waiting for the Taiga and Start kit to become available, H&O P076 Ti to become available, Carbon Ti mild to become available and the Henson Ti to be available. 🤣

I hadn’t bough any new razors for a couple of years. Making up for it now though and not done yet. Waiting for the Taiga and Start kit to become available, H&O P076 Ti to become available, Carbon Ti mild to become available and the Henson Ti to be available. 🤣
My justifications for any purchase this past two years is "well, think of the money we saved from not going on holidays."

How much did shipping for the Blutt cost?

2sbpCad.jpg
rUgc48n.jpg

I received the Blutt razor today and had my first shave with it. First, some observations about this razor. The razor has a satin finish and is built to very high tolerances. I love my Apollo razor, but this razor is on an another level. The razor has a minimalist look to it, which I like. The head of the razor is very slim and manoeuvrable. The top cap is slightly longer than the base plate for ease of disassembly and I can’t believe no other razor manufacturer has thought of that. If Apple made razors they would have come up with this design.

I purchased the razor with the second most aggressive base plate that they have (0.99 gap) and I was worried that it may have too much blade feel for my taste. I needn’t have worried, the shave was smooth, efficient and with minimal blade feel. Soap used was SMN and the Personna blade was on it’s second use.

2sbpCad.jpg
rUgc48n.jpg

I received the Blutt razor today and had my first shave with it. First, some observations about this razor. The razor has a satin finish and is built to very high tolerances. I love my Apollo razor, but this razor is on an another level. The razor has a minimalist look to it, which I like. The head of the razor is very slim and manoeuvrable. The top cap is slightly longer than the base plate for ease of disassembly and I can’t believe no other razor manufacturer has thought of that. If Apple made razors they would have come up with this design.

That head design looks familiar! :unsure:

2sbpCad.jpg
rUgc48n.jpg

I purchased the razor with the second most aggressive base plate that they have (0.99 gap) and I was worried that it may have too much blade feel for my taste. I needn’t have worried, the shave was smooth, efficient and with minimal blade feel. Soap used was SMN and the Personna blade was on it’s second use.
The head design looks very similar to the Charcoal Good razor, nowhere near the Game Changer.

There’s nothing new under the sun. Manufacturers will take a design and improve on it and have been doing that since forever.

2sbpCad.jpg
rUgc48n.jpg

Congrats on the impressive score!

The finish looks classy and looking at the overall price its very affordable compared to some more luxurious brands.

Good to see that the 0.99 gap isn't too intimidating as I often question the larger number thinking it will be bitey so nice to know it shaves smooth!

Curious to see reviews of the highest gap as there's plenty to like with this one and only a few more months until the pesky Sabbatical is over... :nailbiting:

The head design looks very similar to the Charcoal Good razor, nowhere near the Game Changer.
I can’t comment on the Charcoal Good razor since I don’t have it yet, but I do have the Game Changer and you are right. Furthermore, the blade exposure on the Blutt razor is a LOT less than on the Game Changer.

Congrats on the impressive score!

The finish looks classy and looking at the overall price its very affordable compared to some more luxurious brands.

Good to see that the 0.99 gap isn't too intimidating as I often question the larger number thinking it will be bitey so nice to know it shaves smooth!

Curious to see reviews of the highest gap as there's plenty to like with this one and only a few more months until the pesky Sabbatical is over... :nailbiting:
I believe that Errol is thinking about getting the higher gap (1.2). If he does end up getting the higher gap he‘ll most likely do a small review. 🤞

I believe that Errol is thinking about getting the higher gap (1.2). If he does end up getting the higher gap he‘ll most likely do a small review. 🤞
I am interested know what the blade exposure is for the different plates. Blade gap means little without its corresponding measurement. As much as I like the reviews, I like the maths better.

EJ 3one6 minus the bite/blade feel...? :unsure:

Minora fixes that issue.