Name our new soap - for a chance to Win a free tub.

SchoolForAnts

2018 Charity Auction Winner
Artisan Producer
The next Squadron release is ready to go.....except - it doesn't have a name!

I often get suggestions from people for future soaps, so thought I'd open this one up to everyone.

Enter as many times as you like, send them via email - or, just for the P&C members, I'll also accept them via private message on the forum.

Entries close 2359h Australian Central Standard Time - 08th October 2017.

Do we have a scent profile to work with here?

Oh and before you P&Cs throw in your cap i'm taking Boaty McBoatface and Sqaddy McSquaddyface.

Also for the love of God or whatever ideology thing you have no fizzy butt names (now you are going to do it to spite me) :facepalm:

Found a few good ones on an Australian Navy Slang list, also couldn't keep a few funnies out :happy:

NELSON’S BLOOD
One of the slang names for rum. It originated from a story that the spirit (actually brandy) in the cases in which the body of Nelson was brought to this country after the battle of Trafalgar was tapped by the sentries keeping watch over it. This story is said to have appeared in the papers at that time and to have been officially denied.
TO BLEED THE MONKEY To extract rum from its barrel by boring a small hole in the barrel.
PUSH THE BOAT OUT Old navel expression meaning to stand drinks all round.
PUSSERS VINOLIA Naval slang name for soap, particularly for Admiralty pattern hard yellow soap.
BUM NUTS Naval Term for eggs
COW JUICE Naval slang for Milk.

Rather than going into individual notes of the fragrance, let me just say it's my interpretation of Old Spice
Sounds like a winner to me. Put me down for a tub whatever it's called. Are you going to make the matching aftershave?

I'm thinking "Victory" as in HMS, Nelsons ship, would look good on the label

Boatswain's buff
Gunners flack
Mermaids lust/musk
Mariner's stout/ale
Commodores staple/salute
Neptune's might
Sailor/Mariner's valour

Last edited: