New appreciation of a long handle.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
A while ago I was going to sell my Black Beauty (109...Long handle).
However, no one was interested (thank goodness), and today I decided to have a Black Beauty shave.
Bunged in one of my newly arrived Minora stainless blades, set the BB to '6', lathered up with Stirling 'Black Cherry', and went for it.
What a lovely, smooth shave!
Best part was using that long handle. With my buggered neck and lack of head movement/mobility I found I could easily shave under my jaw area where before with shorter handles I had trouble (my hand got in the way, couldn't really see where I was shaving, etc).
The Minora blade is faultless too (for me), and the BB109 is sitting ready for tomorrows shave.
I think I will need to get some longer handles for my other razors now.
Finished the shave with a 2nd pass using the 'other' BB (Blackbird), but held it out near the handle end.
That's a wee bit dangerous with a BB, but it too shaved nicely and now I'm clean shaven and touched up with some Cuba Gold EDT.
So yeah, I like long handles...can't see how I managed with my IKON bulldog before.

However, no one was interested (thank goodness), and today I decided to have a Black Beauty shave.
Bunged in one of my newly arrived Minora stainless blades, set the BB to '6', lathered up with Stirling 'Black Cherry', and went for it.
Best part was using that long handle. With my buggered neck and lack of head movement/mobility I found I could easily shave under my jaw area where before with shorter handles I had trouble (my hand got in the way, couldn't really see where I was shaving, etc).
The Minora blade is faultless too (for me), and the BB109 is sitting ready for tomorrows shave.
Finished the shave with a 2nd pass using the 'other' BB (Blackbird), but held it out near the handle end.
That's a wee bit dangerous with a BB, but it too shaved nicely and now I'm clean shaven and touched up with some Cuba Gold EDT.
So yeah, I like long handles...can't see how I managed with my IKON bulldog before.

I prefer longer handles myself. Merkur 23C and 108 are two of my favs. Cuba Gold, along with other Cuba colors like Blue and Orange are excellent EdT’s which can be had at reasonable prices.

:)

I'm with you. Altho I generally shave with a birth year / quarter ss flare tip I really enjoy the occasional shave with a longer handle razor. I also prefer the longer handled shaving brushes so I think that there is a theme there

I have a couple of the black beauties. I think that they are a great razor!

What is the "Black Cherry" like?

Can't stand much over three inches, I've cut 'em, swapped 'em, even did this;

100_2364_50-jpg.96945

100_2365_50-jpg.96946

100_2366_50-jpg.96947

100_2568-jpg.96948

What's up with the neck, hanging gone bad?

What's up with the neck, hanging gone bad?
Yeah, nah...was injured at a fire (Professional Firefighter). Neck took a bad 'tweak' (from a fall) not helped by that 4.5lb helmet strapped to my head.
Heard a 'click' neck went sore, left arm went numb.
Never came right. Never will.
But I'm still on the green side of the grass so all is well I suppose.

What is the "Black Cherry" like?
It's my first Stirling and I like it (also bought the Bay Rum).
The Bay Rum is all gone as I like Bay Rum scent, and I kept the Black Cherry as a 'special' treat (because it smells so good!).
I'm about 1/2 way through now and it is a really nice soap and great scent.
Missus likes the scent too.
I think (from what I have read) that most of the Stirling soaps have good scents to them anyway.
I get a slight marzipan scent from it, but apparently that's the actual scent of the Black Cherry fruit anyway.
The marzipan (almond icing) smell is no where as 'in your face' as Cella...much more refined than that.
It's a good soap and performs well.

Yeah, nah...was injured at a fire (Professional Firefighter). Neck took a bad 'tweak' (from a fall) not helped by that 4.5lb helmet strapped to my head.
Heard a 'click' neck went sore, left arm went numb.
Never came right. Never will.
But I'm still on the green side of the grass so all is well I suppose.
Ouch, sorry to hear, gotta look on the bright side, it could always be worse.