New Aristocrat arrived...sort of.

My lovely new 48 - 50 Aristocrat arrived today.
Good ol' USPS...you can't really go past them can you?
Started out like this.

Arrived like this.

Don't think I'll use it tomorrow. Has a bit too much blade exposure now.
giphy.gif

USPS 'lost' it for over 4 weeks. Could not track it after it arrived at USPS New York facility.
Now I know why...probably trying to hide it.
Yes, been run over. I'm guessing a forklift in New York.
Bunch of clowns.
The seller is refunding me, and then he will fight USPS to get a refund/payout from them.
It was packed in a cardboard box, but ideally needed to be sent in maybe armour plate or a small bank vault.

I’ve seen the same happen to the cases on 100+ year old double rings.

They can survive 100 years but not the postal service ...

@Blackie on that I had an Aussie seller on eBay just stick my purchased razor straight into a express satchel bag loose without anything else.
When I received the satchel there was a small hole in the bag where the unassembled three piece OC razor's teeth were hanging out. Wow, a true example of cretinism. Was floored that people think like that.

If the same would have happened with AusFarce you would be entitled to 20-30AUD no matter the value of the item...happened to me once with a signed poster :(

@Blackie on that I had an Aussie seller on eBay just stick my purchased razor straight into a express satchel bag loose without anything else.
When I received the satchel there was a small hole in the bag where the unassembled three piece OC razor's teeth were hanging out. Wow, a true example of cretinism. Was floored that people think like that.
I once received a shaving mug from overseas packaged in a satchel bag, unsurprisingly it arrived in pieces :banghead: Wrote back asking that it be sent in at least a box but silly seller proceeded to post a new one in the same way but with added bubble wrap. same result so gave up after 6 weeks and bought one locally which arrived in excellent condition... i guess some people never learn :unsure:

Started out like this.

Arrived like this.

Hi Sorry to see this I have so many Item of different kind from oversea and never seen anything like this
Just really bad luck mate
Have you made a claim with USPS?
Started out like this.

Arrived like this.

The razor was sent by USPS First Class mail.
First Class??? What a rort.
First Class means no insurance on the parcel and too bad Kiwi!
Time that trump cleaned up USPS too.
I'm OK as the seller has already refunded me, but I'd rather have the razor not the $$.

The razor was sent by USPS First Class mail.
First Class??? What a rort.
First Class means no insurance on the parcel and too bad Kiwi!
Time that trump cleaned up USPS too.
I'm OK as the seller has already refunded me, but I'd rather have the razor not the $$.
I used ShopMate to pay a little extra shipping insurance cost for any modern or vintage razors to be sent from US to Australia.