*NEW* Brut Original After Shave Balm

thisISjoel

Saw this stuff in coles with a big, bright NEW price tag on it (I think it was about $10). I checked the ingredients list and, although I'm certainly no expert on these things, it doesn't look particularly 'clean', but I'm a sucker for the scent of brut so I grabbed a tube :)

Took it for a spin tonight, went with shaver heaven 1st anniversary (I think they paired well), wolf whiskers black wolf brush, polsilver in the qshave futur knockoff (first use of the razor). The balm has the traditional brut scent pretty much spot on. Scent out of the tube is pretty strong, but on the skin it fades quickly. The balm is not greasy or oily and dries nice a quickly. It seems to have a slight drying effect on the skin (or at least it doesn't replace as much moisture as the stray whisker balm for example), which is kinda the opposite of what you want from a balm, but I'll see how future uses go.

Anyway, might be one to try for the brut fans, just keep in mind it isn't super moisturising.

M3DCFlfl.jpg
Ehv9Ykil.jpg

Interesting, thanks, I might check that out if I'm in Coles. I'm not sure I can remember the scent but I remember the adds from the 70'; "splash it all over"

Mate, I love the TSW balm, but brut just takes me back to being a young fella, been one of my favourite smells as long as I can remember :)
@thisISjoel I still remember seeing this AD on TV in 1982 when I was a young kid and I can understand why you need to go back to being a young fella all over again :smuggrin:

Last edited:
@thisISjoel I still remember seeing this AD on TV in 1982 when I was a young kid and I can understand why you need to go back to being a young fella all over again :smuggrin:

Interesting. I was in England back then, we had Henry Cooper. (couldn't find the original add)