New guy addicted..

Robbo14

Hey everyone, From Adelaide.

Tried my brothers DE over Christmas and have been hooked since.
Purchased the BlueBeards Revenge Gift Set from the UK as it included the Badger Brush for the same prices as the ones for sale in Aus but less quality brush.

Currently using the BlueBeards shaving cream while I wait for my samples to arrive, not getting any where near the foam as you guys.

Sample soaps I have on my way are,
Stirling - Ozark Mountain, Sharp Dressed Man, Barbershop, Margaritas in the Arctic, Electric Sheep, Orange Chill, Stirling Noir, Stirling Gentleman, Strawberry Bubbly, Executive Man, Black Cherry and Mountain Man.

Soap Commander - Confidence, Courage, Endurance, Fortitude, Honor, Passion, Respect, Vision, Influence, Devotion and Integrity.

Ill prob look to sell or swap most of these scents to give others a try, I'm looking for some aluminium tins or plastic containers to suit soaps if anyone knows where. Too long to ship from China

I have the Rockwell 6c on order from kickstarter/indiegogo, like the versatility of the heads.

My next buy list
Shaving Bowl (wood, stainless, Does it really matter?)
Preshave/Oil
Stand
Slanted Head

Thanks All...

Hey @Robbo14 welcome to the forum.

You can get plastic containers at target that are perfect for soap. They are about $1 each. They are similar to these http://thestraywhisker.com.au/shaving-soap-puck-container/.

Also we have regular catch ups her in Adelaide with the next one on this Sunday in Norwood. More info regarding the catch up can be found here https://paste-and-cut.com.au/commun...adelaide-get-together.2063/page-11#post-89127. We have a great group here in Adelaide and newcomers are always welcome :)

Great to have you here @Robbo14 - I am sure you will have a fantastic time (y)

Welcome from a regular Adelaidian. Come along to the Norwood meet up. What straight do you use :)

Welcome @Robbo14 , I'm guessing you are not the Robbo responsible for that art in your sig painted in Camden ?

Welcome mate if you are struggling for a lather let me know and I will do a bluebeards revenge shaving cream YouTube video. If you are uncomfortable watching a bloke shave you can watch it up to the point I finish my lather which will be done in a bowl.
Cheers
Cris

Regarding your next purchase list I would say the type of bowl makes a big big difference in howquickly and effectively creates a good lather. I recently received an Saponificio Varesino holy grail bowl which makes phenomenal lathers every time no matter the soap. However my huge soup bowl does the same just takes a lot longer. Something with ridgEs inside or rough texture would work best especially if new to whipping a lather lol

Welcome mate if you are struggling for a lather let me know and I will do a bluebeards revenge shaving cream YouTube video. If you are uncomfortable watching a bloke shave you can watch it up to the point I finish my lather which will be done in a bowl.
Cheers
Cris
I have no issues with a watching a bloke shave lol. Would be great if you could.

No worries ill be doing a shave later on, it always gets posted on the Shave of the day 2017 thread but i will pop it on here as well. If i don't do a shave i will do a lather review which i don't think i have done for the bluebirds revenge! It's a great cream mate and i love the scent of bluebirds revenge! i use the cooling moisturiser quite a lot.

No worries ill be doing a shave later on, it always gets posted on the Shave of the day 2017 thread but i will pop it on here as well. If i don't do a shave i will do a lather review which i don't think i have done for the bluebirds revenge! It's a great cream mate and i love the scent of bluebirds revenge! i use the cooling moisturiser quite a lot.
And if i struggle today completely to get anything done it will probably be Sunday lol

Regarding your next purchase list I would say the type of bowl makes a big big difference in howquickly and effectively creates a good lather. I recently received an Saponificio Varesino holy grail bowl which makes phenomenal lathers every time no matter the soap. However my huge soup bowl does the same just takes a lot longer. Something with ridgEs inside or rough texture would work best especially if new to whipping a lather lol

So I purchased a stainless steel bowl, used it for the first time, First time i've added teaspoon hot water to the cream, first time i've soaked brush in hot water for 1-2mins, first time ive used Proraso Pre-shave.

The lather was very gooooooooooddddd