New Karve on the way (damn rabbit hole)...

I’ve had two shaves with my Karve / C plate. Absolutely love it. My favourite in the den. Used a feather, but will dial back to a Nacet next.

I’ve just ordered the B & D plates to make sure I have my bases covered (well that’s what I’m telling myself).
You'll love the D plate so much and you'll live like a King in your den with your Karve.

I’ve had two shaves with my Karve / C plate. Absolutely love it. My favourite in the den. Used a feather, but will dial back to a Nacet next.

I’ve just ordered the B & D plates to make sure I have my bases covered (well that’s what I’m telling myself).

The Karve is a excellent razor. I found the Astra Green works best for me.

My favorite was the C plate until I got the F. I pretty much always use the F now. I got it out of curiosity expecting it to be way too aggressive to be practical but it is the smoothest plate of them all for me. Because I can pull it around my face with zero pressure, I hardly ever get nicks or razor burn using it and because it is so efficient I can get BBS with 2 passes and a little touch up.

What I've read is that all the plates below F have some degree of negative blade exposure meaning some pressure would be needed to get the blade flush against your skin. The F apparently has neutral blade exposure allowing the whiskers to be cut right at skin level without the need for any pressure. I don't know if the whole blade exposure thing is a load of BS but it works for me!

My favorite was the C plate until I got the F. I pretty much always use the F now. I got it out of curiosity expecting it to be way too aggressive to be practical but it is the smoothest plate of them all for me. Because I can pull it around my face with zero pressure, I hardly ever get nicks or razor burn using it and because it is so efficient I can get BBS with 2 passes and a little touch up.

What I've read is that all the plates below F have some degree of negative blade exposure meaning some pressure would be needed to get the blade flush against your skin. The F apparently has neutral blade exposure allowing the whiskers to be cut right at skin level without the need for any pressure. I don't know if the whole blade exposure thing is a load of BS but it works for me!

It's definitely not BS...blade gap is just one factor and I feel rigidity and exposure are just as, if not more, important to a razor.

I found C plate to be way too mild but the small step up to the D is perfect. The exposure supposedly a bit more on the D+ plates so it makes sense that even a small increase of just 0.14mm could produce such a difference in the shave.

I shaved with the Karve first time this morning.. D plate.. i found this a tad mild but love this razor. Good to know this has more aggressive plates, i may well be in the market for one soon :)

where did you guys buy your karve from? read on the website (karve) international orders are not tracked.. what happens if delivery doesnt occur? do you just lose your money? tracked int shipping starts at $80 ouch.. wont be taking that up!!

edit: my bad read it wrong tracked shipping is $48 CAD for orders min of $80.. non tracked $28CAD

worked out if i get with a mate shipping for two razors and two plates dont change so can share to minimise cost.

if i get directly from Karve cost of 1 razor with 1 plate is $120AUD + another $30 for an extra plate. Anyone get a better offer than that?

Last edited:
I procured mine through the Karve web site. That way you can order the razor to your specs. At $30 CAD I would recommend ordering at least a couple of plates.

FYI
The Karve you are using has a 3.5" handle.

Good luck
N

I procured mine through the Karve web site. That way you can order the razor to your specs. At $30 CAD I would recommend ordering at least a couple of plates.

FYI
The Karve you are using has a 3.5" handle.

Good luck
N

absolutely.. 2 plates would be enough for me.. all depends how i go with using a feather on it, if the shave is similar to what i got today will do E & F plates, if the feather makes a considerable difference will get the D & E plates..

i might go for a smaller handle though.. moving the balance point a little closer to the head.. Thanks for supplying the razor for the pass-around box, dont fear taking great care of it, dried it right after the shave :)

There will be open comb versions of the plates coming out too, not sure when though. I plan on getting the E plate in open comb so I'll have the fu set of plates then.
PS - I recommend the 3 inch handle, perfectly balanced.