No longer NEW but now OLD Kickstarter from Rockwell - Model T Adjustable

I missed out on getting in on the ground floor on this razor but I managed to put down a preorder for it.
I agree it would have been nice if it was stainless steel but I imagine the intricacies of such a razor makes machining such a piece within a reasonable and affordable price extremely hard. I've also heard that its hard to find a machinist to fabricate such a razor to the high-quality specs needed let alone anyone willing to do so.

Indeed @nav1 the Rockwell 6S is a good buy at the price.

I've received an email from Rockwell update on the Model T FYI. ;)

Dear Backers,

I’ve been looking forward to this update for quite some time - surveys are going out on December 5th, including a ton of opportunities to pre-order add-ons that will make you amongst the first to try an incredible range of new Rockwell products! Let’s dive in:

Feature Update
During the campaign, a few of you asked about disassembly options for the Model T. At the time, I knew the razor would be disassemblable by a professional jeweler, but likely not by the average individual without specialized tools. I put a request in front of our incredibly talented engineers to please design a solution, and I’m thrilled to announce they delivered! Here’s a video to show you the incredibly-simple disassembly for the Rockwell Model T.

Watch the clip:- https://ksr-video.imgix.net/assets/014/654/689/b337ed8f98e1ec5cdbe0b15df6a986d3_h264_high.mp4

The only materials you’ll need to perform the disassembly are: 1 x Phillips #1 Screwdriver 1 x 4-40 screw with Phillips drive (approx 1/2" long)
This screw will be quite easy to find, and very cheap at your local hardware store.

Add-Ons

The Model T is a deceptively complicated product to bring to market. There are a number of different parts being manufactured in different methods that all need to fit together consistently, while delivering the shaving performance Rockwell is known for. Luckily for me, my engineering team and manufacturing partners are an incredibly talented group that are making fantastic progress, which has allowed me to spend part of my last 8 months developing a line of additional products. My goal is to make Rockwell a one-stop shop for all your grooming needs, and I want my backers to be the first to try all the new stuff.

Here’s a preview of what you can expect to be available on Backerkit on December 5th - let me know if the comments which ones you’re most excited for!

Rockwell Software
All the following products are scented with the inaugural Rockwell fragrace - “Rockwell Barbershop” - with notes of Leather, Neroli, Anise, Lilac and Cedar. It’s a scent reminiscent of the classic barbershop, designed for the modern gentleman.

• Rockwell Shave Soap: I’ve spent the last year dialling in the formulation of this soap, including fantastic ingredients like jojoba oil, shea butter, and aloe. Please note Rockwell Shave Soap requires a Shave Brush to create a lather - if you’re interested in a brushless cream, we suggest you try Rockwell Shave Cream instead! Proudly made in the USA with a glycerin base.
  • Rockwell Shave Cream: The perfect shave cream: soft enough to lather by hand, but firm enough to lather using a brush - it’s up to you! Proudly made in the USA
  • Rockwell Post-Shave Balm: Carefully formulated with witch hazel and moisturizers to be both soothing and hydrating for your skin. Proudly made in Canada.
  • Rockwell Pre-Shave Oil: Simply formulated with a minimalistic blend of premium, natural oils. Rockwell Pre-Shave oil should be massaged onto the skin to lock in moisture and protect skin during shaving. Proudly made in Canada.
  • Rockwell Deodorant: Alcohol-free deodorant to keep you feeling fresh and smelling incredible all day long and deep into the night (should you so choose). Rockwell Deodorant is a great way to keep your fragrance consistent between your shaving products and your deodorant! Proudly made in the USA.
  • Rockwell Beard Oil: Formulated with organic, natural oils that you can feel good about while they keep your skin and beard looking healthy and feeling fantastic (no more beard itch!). Proudly made in Canada.
  • Rockwell Beard Conditioner: Formulated to shape, soften, and clean even the most unruly of beards. It’s important to care for a growing beard, and Rockwell Beard Conditioner is the perfect solution to messy or itchy facial hair - all while smelling fantastic! Proudly made in Canada.
  • Rockwell Beard and Body Bar Soap: Thoughtfully formulated to clean both skin and facial hair, the Beard and Body Bar uses premium jojoba oil, shea butter, and activated charcoal to leave your skin fresh and moisturized, while coffee acts as a natural exfoliant. The Rockwell Barbershop scent will ensure you smell fantastic all day long! Proudly made in the USA.
Rockwell Hardware
  • Rockwell Inkwell Stand - Chromed Brass: The Rockwell Inkwell Stand is an elegant solution to proudly display your Rockwell Model T, 6C, 2C, or 6S. These Inkwell Stands are made from chromed brass, and match the finish of the corresponding razor in White Chrome, Gunmetal, or Brushed Chrome!
  • Rockwell Inkwell Stand - Stainless Steel: Same as above, but made of brushed stainless steel!
  • Rockwell Pure Badger Shaving Brush
  • Rockwell Synthetic Shaving Brush
  • Rockwell Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush
  • Rockwell Folding Moustache and Beard Comb
  • Rockwell Beard Brush
  • Rockwell Folding Hair Comb
  • Rockwell Genuine Leather Sheath
  • Rockwell Genuine Leather Dopp Kit
  • Rockwell Blade Safe (for blade recycling)

hOFgplG.jpg

Reply to an email I sent regarding an update on the stainless Model T.

Hi Tony,
We're still assessing the viability of a potential Stainless Steel Model T campaign and will be updating all existing model T backers with more information towards the end of fulfillment of the existing two campaigns. In the event of a Stainless Steel campaign, all existing backers will be eligible for a substantial discount.
Thanks! Let me know if there's anything else that I can do to help.
Grigori

Latest update is that current shipments are on hold, AGAIN, until they can work out which ones are passing "stringent" tolerance limits after a small percentage of people have complained about minuscule blade gap variance. They're also redesigning, AGAIN, the t-bar/shaft assembly to see if a new design is feasibly better. Now estimating shipments to be completed "around" August.
It's been 23 months, to the day, since I gave them money for this bloody razor...turning into a unicorn now.

I remember thinking about this at the time it was announced.... glad I didn't but feeling gutted for you poor sods that did :(

Well.. they are now.. after they Woopsied the first lot but yes try and try again..
It looks like they are trying not to make the same mistake twice but making an adjustable has turned out to be much harder than they thought. Since there is no deadline I guess it is better to perfect it than return or replace. They had better be perfect after all the waiting!

Never again will I buy a Rockwell... Not been a fun journey at all
Have to say I agree with you.
this is beyond a joke at this point.. unless they are grinding then by hand with a dremmel from some billet, stopped checking the emails
It looks like they are trying not to make the same mistake twice but making an adjustable has turned out to be much harder than they thought. Since there is no deadline I guess it is better to perfect it than return or replace. They had better be perfect after all the waiting!
absolutly they had better be!