New newb joining

Hey guys, my name's Spencer from the Gold coast. Just got into DE shaving a few weeks ago and absolutely hooked! Loving artisan soap makers all around the world, favourite at the moment being Razorock and Proraso. (until my PAA delivery comes in and Shaver heaven comes back) would love any tips out there from anyone and look forward to some good discussions. Thank you.
Spencer

Last edited by a moderator:
Errgggh, another Queenslander!

They are like, well, ummm, cane toads ...

Welcome aboard @Spencer Frankel - what sort of kit do you have?

Welcome Spencer... great to have another Qld'er on board.
Yeah! Only just came into wet shaving. The community is way bigger than I ever thought! Happy with my progress, destroyed my face with cartridge razors. Now after a month of daily DE shaving, I get not irritation or ingrown hairs at all! Absolutely sold

Errgggh, another Queenslander!

They are like, well, ummm, cane toads ...

Welcome aboard @Spencer Frankel - what sort of kit do you have?
I see. We have an outsider ;) I've gone on a rampage buying equipment, so I'll list my razors and a couple of fav soaps
Razors:
Parker 99R
Merkur 34c
Muhle R41
Muhle R89
Schick Krona

Soaps:
Razorock stallion and one x
TOBS Sandalwood
BBR shave cream
Proraso (all of them)
And a bunch of others that I'm excited to try!
It's so exciting, also waiting on a PAA delivery

Hey Buddy, nice to see you on the Forum, don't forget to check out the BST section. The guys on here don't take the piss with prices and honesty is the name of the game!!!
Nice work with th R41, worthy of any den!!!

Hey Buddy, nice to see you on the Forum, don't forget to check out the BST section. The guys on here don't take the piss with prices and honesty is the name of the game!!!
Nice work with th R41, worthy of any den!!!
At the moment it's still a little too aggressive for my skin especially as a daily, but it's immense craftsmanship nonetheless! Next to save for is a Rockwell 6s I think :) will check out the BST section when I can! Thank you

Hello Spencer

I see you have all of the Proraso, how are the new scents?
So I have the red. Green and White. I think I saw a blue floating around but cannot find it lately. All the scents are around a 5-6. Pretty soft scents. But much more high quality smell and feel to the lather. Residual slickness is upgraded too in my experience

Green - eucalyptus, tiny amount of menthol, nothing coming from Fine Snakebite

White - beautiful green tea smell, good of you're sensitive to strong scents

Red- this is such a soft sandalwood scent. Nothing in the realms of TOBS. But in a good way I think, the Shea butter softens the smell beautifully and smells so so expensive. Easily my favourite

Hahaha I know you're looking at the 6s lol you watch my channel ahaha
Hahaha I wasn't even thinking while typing this Cris! Sorry mate :') my memory is a shocker! What's next big purchase on your list? Razor and brush

I am at 23 on the Wolf Whiskers list so not long now till I get that done and that's me for a good while (I hope) only software trades and purchases.
I'm curious as to why you haven't gone to any vintage razors. I can't seem to help myself looking at them. Funny actually. Was looking at Etsy for one. And one of them had $4,800 shipping from the USA :')
6bc3fa897d5d386a8e8772890deee70e.jpg

So I have the red. Green and White. I think I saw a blue floating around but cannot find it lately. All the scents are around a 5-6. Pretty soft scents. But much more high quality smell and feel to the lather. Residual slickness is upgraded too in my experience

Green - eucalyptus, tiny amount of menthol, nothing coming from Fine Snakebite

White - beautiful green tea smell, good of you're sensitive to strong scents

Red- this is such a soft sandalwood scent. Nothing in the realms of TOBS. But in a good way I think, the Shea butter softens the smell beautifully and smells so so expensive. Easily my favourite

Apologies, when you said 'all of them' I made the assumption you have the wood and spice, azur lime and cypress and vetiver.

Apologies, when you said 'all of them' I made the assumption you have the wood and spice, azur lime and cypress and vetiver.
I apologize. I've never seen these on their website here in Australia or in any stores? If you have a site for any I'd love to have a look into them! Those scents sound great