New Timeless (and bottomless 'Rabbit Hole'!).

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Yeah, it had to happen didn't it?
All you enablers on here posting piccy's of your gleaming Timeless razors.
So (firstly) a couple of weeks ago I decided to check out Etsy, and found a nice Gold NEW SC. Having owned an LC I wanted to try an SC, so I bought it.
Then the very next day on Ebay, a Timeless polished SS OC .95 popped up. Dang...I had just bought that NEW SC.
Well, the old deep dark Rabbit Hole opened up and I just had to satisfy my lust for something shiny.
So the Timeless now lives in my bathroom (it arrived yesterday, nice quick delivery through Ebay). BUT...oh dear, none of my razor stands are any good to fit that lovely shiny 14mm handle.
Quick trip back to Timeless and check out the 'Returns'. Great, a polished SS stand, I'll have that thanks, and it's on it's way to me.
Now had my first shave with the Timeless and it's certainly a great shave. Bunged in a Nacet, soaped up with Fenchurch, and into it!
Very close shave, and smooth.
But, maybe too close for a daily shave? Not sure yet. Just to be safe I thought maybe a quick trip back to Timeless and check out the 'Returns' again.
Oh Dear, there it is...a polished SS OC .68 base plate. So I had to get that too didn't I?
I'm also thinking that as I get older my skin is getting 'thinner'. Certainly it tears a lot easier, so the .68 baseplate is just 'insurance' isn't it, for my old age?
That's my excuse anyway.
But that's it now. No more razors. Yes...really (though I seem to recall saying that recently).
Big deep Rabbit Hole you lot have dragged me into.

Yeah, it had to happen didn't it?
All you enablers on here posting piccy's of your gleaming Timeless razors.
So (firstly) a couple of weeks ago I decided to check out Etsy, and found a nice Gold NEW SC. Having owned an LC I wanted to try an SC, so I bought it.
Then the very next day on Ebay, a Timeless polished SS OC .95 popped up. Dang...I had just bought that NEW SC.
Well, the old deep dark Rabbit Hole opened up and I just had to satisfy my lust for something shiny.
So the Timeless now lives in my bathroom (it arrived yesterday, nice quick delivery through Ebay). BUT...oh dear, none of my razor stands are any good to fit that lovely shiny 14mm handle.
Quick trip back to Timeless and check out the 'Returns'. Great, a polished SS stand, I'll have that thanks, and it's on it's way to me.
Now had my first shave with the Timeless and it's certainly a great shave. Bunged in a Nacet, soaped up with Fenchurch, and into it!
Very close shave, and smooth.
But, maybe too close for a daily shave? Not sure yet. Just to be safe I thought maybe a quick trip back to Timeless and check out the 'Returns' again.
Oh Dear, there it is...a polished SS OC .68 base plate. So I had to get that too didn't I?
I'm also thinking that as I get older my skin is getting 'thinner'. Certainly it tears a lot easier, so the .68 baseplate is just 'insurance' isn't it, for my old age?
That's my excuse anyway.
But that's it now. No more razors. Yes...really (though I seem to recall saying that recently).
Big deep Rabbit Hole you lot have dragged me into.

Yes, what a bunch of enablers :LOL:
I enjoy using the timeless, get great shaves from that weapon. My son borrowed my second Timeless with the O C 0.68 plate. I suspect its found a new home. :facepalm:
The next shinny thing I am eyeing off is the Blackland Blackbird polished brass. It will be released is a couple weeks. ;)

For those who like S/S razors Charcoal Goods are now selling complete S/S razors.

hi Blackie.. mate i am tossing up between a timeless and a ATT Windsor.. just wondering your thoughts on the shave it gives you and what other quality razor you have to compare it against?

hi Blackie.. mate i am tossing up between a timeless and a ATT Windsor.. just wondering your thoughts on the shave it gives you and what other quality razor you have to compare it against?
I went through the same agony, and I know your pain!
Just get both...there, fixed it for you...so easy!
Seriously though, I checked the ATT site too, and finally decided there was enough opinions online that the Timeless was the way to go.
Had an even better shave today (Nacet 2nd use, so maybe smoothed up a bit?). Fenchurch soap again, let the razor just sit against the skin and there I was...all smooth faced and looking great.
Very close shave, no irritation, no fuss, no bother.
Quote from me: "The best shave I have ever had in 50+ years of shaving".
The Timeless (for me) is a keeper.
I enjoy the smoothness of my Mamba, and the cut of my Picollo. Timeless have wed the two together, and produced a razor that is still smooth and yet cuts better than the Picollo.
You probably could get the Windsor and be happy ever after, but you don't get the gnarly looking OC that the Timeless has.
Dollar wise, about the same sort of money for either. But with the Timeless maybe a better selection of 'used' bits on Ebay, etc (or at Timeless in the 'Returns' section).
Regretfully, (wifely grumbling), I don't have any other quality razors to compare it with. Most of my razors have been vintage (but they were new when I bought them, so does that make me 'vintage' too?).

thanks blackie, very strong endorsement there..

i honestly think both plates are the way to go but worked it out to a cost of around $600 including shipping and exchange rate to get both plates, stand, pole, cap in SS polished..

i do love the look of the open comb bar as you mentioned and for me personalty i would love to match that with a smooth cap. I have never used an OC before but a mate has given me a fatip to try out, not sure what model it is but has a wooden handle. i guess this will at least let me know if i like OC.

i just wish i was into this hobby when our exchange matched their in the us of a

Yeah, I'm about $400NZ for the 2 plates, stand, and razor with smooth cap.
The razor from Ebay, the extra plate and stand from the Timeless 'Returns' section.
I figured that I may as well spoil myself just a wee bit as still working part time (hit 72 in July) and I wanted 'something' for me from the extra work I'm doing (but couldn't really justify buying the razor and all the bits brand new).
The Fatip you are getting to use may be a Mk1 or a Mk2 version. The Mk1 is a tad ragged/rough, but the Mk2 (which I have) is a tad better QC, gives a close and smooth shave. But not in the same ball-park as the Timeless.
So yeah, Fatip OC may scare you if it's a dodgy one. Just make sure that you have the blade sitting nice and square before final tighten of handle.

Just checked Ebay..Buy Now of $179US ($255AUS)
Says 'Timeless Safety Razor Polished SS .68 Gap Scalloped Cap Open Comb Base - MINT!'
Has the dimpled handle too, then just add a 'Returns' .95 base plate to match.
Job done, and not too dear.
Although it does have the scalloped cap, which could be swapped out on the forum fairly easily if you didn't like the scalloped look (?)