New to paste n cut

Welcome @Schmicko and now please tell us about your avatar.
You play guitar?
Check out @StratMan too.
I guess there's a few on here who play 'something' musical.
Anyway, nice lot of folks here.
Enjoy.
Thanks for the welcome Blackie. Yes I play guitar. The Avatar is a pic of a PRS (Paul Reed Smith) SE Custom that I own, I noticed @StratMan ‘s pic and was inspired!

Still can’t post in other areas so I’m just going to have some fun here with my own thread
SOTD:

Pre: hot towel
Razor: Merker 34c
Blade: Feather
Brush: Harry Ali synthetic silvertip
Soap: Taylor of old Bond st sandalwood
Post: mixture of witch hazel glycerine and cedarwood est oil, followed by proraso sandalwood aftershave

Tested out my first ever shave with a feather blade, not as scary as I thought it would be but def sharper than the polsilvers I use freq, super smooth shave not a single nick and BBS

Also tried the Taylor soap for the first time so rich and creamy almost didn’t need the post shave routine. Not a strong sandalwood scent with a slight talc smell that is a good combination IMO

having fun being back on a forum😀

On another note I have bought a new straight from a guy called dion of dcblades
Am so pumped!
Nice razor, had my eye on that one for a while, but want to build my skill before over investing
Beautiful scales. Abalone?

Well a parcel arrived yesterday. I got a new DE razor, a muhle R41, and some proraso red pre shave cream.

I had a shave with it this morning using a polsilver stainless SI blade.
Firstly the pre shave from proraso was really nice and felt silky on the face, I then lathered up with proraso red and did a two pass shave (that was all that was needed for a super smooth shave) The R41 is def aggressive as I could feel the blade doing its thing. No need for anything but the very light weight of the razor for pressure. This beast is going to take some work to get comfortable with IF I ever am able to get comfortable with it at all. Like anything new it will take time I guess.