New Wolfman Guerrilla Razor

The difference being, if you're really flat strap with equal or higher paying work, and getting numerous ad hoc requests like that, your response may change (as you simply couldn't drive them to all that had requested or satisfy demand).

I'm in the same boat as you wanting a wolfman, however James would be inundated with emails trying to circumvent his process. Funnier still, if razors were available on his site, even those that are pissed with him and his process would probably still buy.
I really don't want one at the cost asked, I feel my money is better spent elsewhere, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them, I'm saying ignoring customers or potential customers as per the thread isn't good business and really life's too short to deal with businesses that can't be bothered replying to emails or generally aren't appreciative of customers, now I have no idea if this is the case at Wolfman razors as like I said I haven't dealt with them but if emails go unanswered and that's the contact method chosen by the company then what can you do I guess.
As for me delivering that part, I did it in my lunch break, what's good for the company is good for me long term.

Last edited:
I really don't want one at the cost asked, I feel my money is better spent elsewhere.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with them, I'm saying ignoring customers or potential customers as per the thread isn't good business.
As for me delivering that part, I did it in my lunch break, what's good for the company is good for me long term.
When you have a process clearly communicated, which some chose to ignore, and responding to those would only serve to further impede production, it's understandable I think. Sure, if he had the time to respond but didn't I'd agree. When he's flat strap and people still think they can email and take him away from what he's doing, then complain, it shows a lack of understanding.

When you have a process clearly communicated, which some chose to ignore, and responding to those would only serve to further impede production, it's understandable I think. Sure, if he had the time to respond but didn't I'd agree. When he's flat strap and people still think they can email and take him away from what he's doing, then complain, it shows a lack of understanding.
I'll have to look at the site, like I said I haven't had dealings with them.. that said if there's a simple process and people herpty derp and can't manage it then obviously that's not James fault.
I read an interesting post by Brett McKay over at Art of Manliness about how he removed his contact email etc and just have a postal address and it cut down the stupid time wasting nonsence significantly, I wonder if more business will go this way.

I think that if you give people an open means to contact you in that way then it becomes your obligation to respond as you are inviting it but a simple "I will suffer no fools" disclaimer should be in place to limit people's expectations.

I really do not understand. I have had some number of emails back and forth with James on a number of occasions. He has always been very forthcoming and responsive.

Received mine earlier this week and am very pleased with it. The look is more utilitarian than the Wolfman and the BBS1, but it is still much better finished than many other razors IMO (e.g. Asylum, ATT etc). The base plate blade alignment is a touch fiddly for me, but by no means a complaint. The handle presents as oversized in girth, but is in no way unwieldy and the reduced weight of the hollow handle provides a nice balance. I'd perhaps put it a level just below the aggression of the Wolfman and BBS1, but it is still an efficient razor. James is (as every knows) overwhelmed and for good reason. Hopefully this new venture will result in a process that is able to better meet demand.

I really do not understand. I have had some number of emails back and forth with James on a number of occasions. He has always been very forthcoming and responsive.
On this, sent an email early last week to the Guerrilla request email address and so far only had the automated response.
Being patient as I know they are busy but feeling I'll be missing out again. :cry:

Will have to act quicker next time/round.:coffee:

On this, sent an email early last week to the Guerrilla request email address and so far only had the automated response.
Being patient as I know they are busy but feeling I'll be missing out again. :cry:

Will have to act quicker next time/round.:coffee:

The way I see it from other forums the current wait is 2-3 weeks - people who mailed ~May.8-10 are getting invoices at the moment, so I assume you will get one in 1-2 weeks

To make the wait a bit shorter, here my first impressions after 3 shaves:
9N9cgxd.jpg

The fit and finish is for me immaculate when assembled and definitely of the highest quality. Slight tooling marks can be seen only when the razor is dissembled:

lF7l74w.jpg

The head design is similar to the Wolfman (on the right):

4JfBuhp.jpg

Not a 100% copy but very close and quiet different to the BBS-1 (on the left)

The razor is lighter than both and EXCEPTIONALLY well balanced. If felt very comfortable from the first time I picked it up. The shave can feel at times deceptively mild - but with the correct angle you can get a very close shave. I quiet enjoy the larger diameter of the handle but the lack of knurling felt at first very strange. The handle is definitely not slippery - even with soap on my hand - but it needed a bit of time to get used to.

This is certainly not a razor for the lovers of the R41 & co - but if you are into smooth yet efficient razors, this might be the right choice for you - I enjoy it a lot (y)(y)(y)

To make the wait a bit shorter, here my first impressions after 3 shaves:
9N9cgxd.jpg

The fit and finish is for me immaculate when assembled and definitely of the highest quality. Slight tooling marks can be seen only when the razor is dissembled:

lF7l74w.jpg

The head design is similar to the Wolfman (on the right):

4JfBuhp.jpg

Not a 100% copy but very close and quiet different to the BBS-1 (on the left)

The razor is lighter than both and EXCEPTIONALLY well balanced. If felt very comfortable from the first time I picked it up. The shave can feel at times deceptively mild - but with the correct angle you can get a very close shave. I quiet enjoy the larger diameter of the handle but the lack of knurling felt at first very strange. The handle is definitely not slippery - even with soap on my hand - but it needed a bit of time to get used to.

This is certainly not a razor for the lovers of the R41 & co - but if you are into smooth yet efficient razors, this might be the right choice for you - I enjoy it a lot (y)(y)(y)

Great review and feel the exact same. I'll try to take some blade gap shots as well. Will include this in the comparison review (timeless 95,68 att h/r/m, guerrilla 67).

I have the Wolfman WR1 but this offering looks rather odd.

The blade pins instead of being on the top cap are located on the base plate.

Not sure about the smooth handle though. Is it solid or hollow?

Probably a great daily driver but not sure I would purchase

The blade pins are on the top cap. I find it a little fiddly, but don't see it as an issue.

The handle is hollow which provides (IMO) a very pleasing balance.

The hollow handle for me is genius - I think you will be very hard pressed to change it for another SS handle...it is really so well balanced

The blade pins IMO are just a matter of getting used to - because all other razors have them on the top cap and therefore it is different...but once you work out a way for yourself it is no different to loading any other razor...

Mine still has not arrived :(

Shipped on the same day as @alfredus and @Korbz too

Someone at Australia Post must really be enjoying it
This is getting now to be real joke - what does the tracking say?

Nothing, there is no tracking information at all after the razor leaves Canada

Have you checked on the Canada Post website?
https://www.canadapost.ca/

It is still very strange, because I have events showing on both Canada Post and AusFarce

I feel for you :(