Newbie from Adelaide

IrishYeti

Rockwell T Survivor
Hi all, reasonably new to DE wet shaving. I came across the (infamous) Rockwell model T Kickstarter campaign and it peeked my interest. Decided to back it (mid 2016). Finally got my razor last June. It came with Rockwell blades, loaded one in and it was bloody awful. My initial thoughts were I've just done my dough here! Then with a bit more research on forums such as B&B (I found this one later on) I discovered that there are heaps of different blade options and Rockwell blades are generally considered to be a bit rubbish. So I got myself a sample pack and started to experiment a bit with blades and settings. I've enjoyed the Astras, Voskhod and nacets so far. Bic blades reminded me of the Rockwell blades, tugged at my beard from the first stroke, although others find them to be smooth.

Have a bad case of RAD at the moment, I blame some of you guys! Have a merkur progress and a vintage Gillette fatboy in the post currently. I also couldn't resist a dabble in single edge razors so I got myself a feather artist club ss kamisori and an artist club blade sampler from tryablade.com. I have enjoyed using the kamisori and it gives a great bbs shave but it is unforgiving, especially with the sharper professional blades. It's usually a weekend shaver as I need a good 45mins to have a nice leisurely shave without the fear of too much blood loss haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome @IrishYeti sounds like you are well and truly invested already.

G'day @IrishYeti welcome to P&C....... when are we going to get drunk together :smug:

giphy.gif

Haha I'm already halfway there now. I'm sure that could be arranged in the near future. I don't get out often enough these days unfortunately

Welcome @IrishYeti !

You have earned yourself a custom title already :)

I've tagged you in the ADL meet up thread and I'm sure that @alfredus will be along to encourage you to join them.

Welcome @IrishYeti
What soap or creams are you using?
Thanks tim33z, I've been working my way through some TOBS and Castle Forbes sample pots from Shavedash and Maggards. Having skin of the sensitive type I've just ordered some more samples from Shavedash- some Wholly Kaw. Recently received some Hasslinger schafmilch that I will crack out on the weekend.