Newbie PIF

Nightguard

As part of my move towards a more minimal and user friendly bathroom I've found myself with a large amount of surplus shaving items. Rather than have it sitting unused in a drawer I'd like to pass it on to a new shaver in the hope he (or she) will get some use out of it.

Most of this is stuff that either doesn't work for me or I'm not a fan of the scent. There are samples and full size items of software and I will also include 1 razor (DE) and brush and an assortment of blades, current and NOS. All full sized items have been used but most are well over 90% full.

Rules are very simple, post your interest in this thread and have less than 30 days of wet shaving. Lurkers are very welcome but please stop by the Welcome mat and introduce yourself first. I will select the winner on Friday 21\07.

PIF includes,
Mehaz Double Edge Razor
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Czech and Speake Oxford and Cambridge Shave soap
Arko
Shaver Heaven Version 1 Forbidden Forest
Nivea Sensitive cream
Erasmic Cream
Wash pool Version 2 soap
Vitos Extra Super
Vitos Extra Super Coco
Old Spice Whitewater Aftershave
Plus samples and blades.

Beautiful offer, who ever wins is very lucky!

Great work @Nightguard! Can I ask what you don't like about the Vitos? I've been toying with the idea of blind buying a brick... I like Cella a lot so thought I should give it a run - either that or 3P.

Likewise the Valobra was also on my list but haven't tried it yet - what are your thoughts?

I recon hay, I wish I was too!

@Nightguard
I'm actually curious about the C&S.
Been so for a while now actually...
Is a sample possible?
@RazorPlay pm me your address and if I've any left, I'll send you a sample :)

Cheers @borked! Thanks for the sterling offer but no need to go that far. The stuff is that cheap from Connaught that if I don't like it I can always use it in the shower and/or as hand soap. I'm just trying to get people's opinions on which of the Italian bricks would be best - Cella (which I have tried and love), Vitos (Green / Red / Red Coco) or 3P?

I like the idea of 3P because the ingredients list is a dead ringer for MdC but then I also have a general preference for tallow soaps, which is Vitos - decisions, decisions! I am getting some decent lathers out of some vegan soaps lately though... could be they just required some different treatment ie drier and more product.

Meanwhile, I already have enough soap for the next decade, even using my biggest, most wasteful brushes! So, I know there is no rush...

What soap would you recommend for an old fart (I almost put "tart" there) who doen't need exotic smells or anything... just soap that lathers well. I am currently using Nivea blue Gel in an aerosol can and it works surprisingly well... but I figure there has got to be more! I read these forum posts and am so bloody confused about which stuff to buy. So I have decided to choose one seemingly normal and logical bloke (not saying the others aren't) and seek his opinion.

Hi @littleaussiebleeder - I don't want to derail @Nightguard's excellent PIF thread here so perhaps start a new one and we can all pile in. I have particular desires to actually not spend too much money on soap but still get excellent results so I'm also not fussed about scents. A worthy new thread but this probably isn't the place...

What soap would you recommend for an old fart (I almost put "tart" there) who doen't need exotic smells or anything... just soap that lathers well. I am currently using Nivea blue Gel in an aerosol can and it works surprisingly well... but I figure there has got to be more! I read these forum posts and am so bloody confused about which stuff to buy. So I have decided to choose one seemingly normal and logical bloke (not saying the others aren't) and seek his opinion. And no... I am NOT attempting to look like a newbie and enter the (very generous) competition. It's just that I have at last got my razors on the way to being worked out... as are my blades. I am working on the brushes and A/S and now want to work on the soap. Thanks Mate.

What soap would you recommend for an old fart (I almost put "tart" there) who doen't need exotic smells or anything... just soap that lathers well. I am currently using Nivea blue Gel in an aerosol can and it works surprisingly well... but I figure there has got to be more! I read these forum posts and am so bloody confused about which stuff to buy. So I have decided to choose one seemingly normal and logical bloke (not saying the others aren't) and seek his opinion. And no... I am NOT attempting to look like a newbie and enter the (very generous) competition. It's just that I have at last got my razors on the way to being worked out... as are my blades. I am working on the brushes and A/S and now want to work on the soap. Thanks Mate.
Try Mitchell's wool fat mate, easy going smell and second to none performance.

MWF, Cella, Arko, Tabac, Speick and the Euro made Palmolive stick are all excellent performing, no frills soap in my opinion. Tabac, Arko and Cella all have somewhat polarising scents though and MWF can be difficult for some to lather. Palmolive or Speick would be my recommendations. If you want to go the non tallow route Erasmic bowl soap and Proraso are excellent options.