Newly bald in New Zealand

Mkan

7YELXdp.jpg

Hi from Auckland,

Looked at my very receding hairline a few weeks ago and decided it was time for it all to come off. Never got along with cartridge razors before having a full beard despite trying most brands over the years. Did some googling for head shaving and came across the clean shaver on YouTube who gave me some advice on what to get. Started with an Edwin Jagger DE87.

Started shaving my head at the end of last week and loved it. First shaves with an Astro stainless steel blade and I didn't even cut once though I only tried one direction to start with. More adventurous yesterday and tried with and across the grain with a voskhod and had a couple of little bleeders but not much.
Generally l really like my razor but wouldn't mind switching out the handle. Saw a nice one on the stray whisker which may tempt me unless someone knows a good place to buy in NZ.

Thanks. Definitely down to good advice from the clean shaver. It takes a while to get it even on the crown and the back. the sound of the razor against your skull though really helps.

Welcome @Mkan!

Taking shaving to a whole new level in my book!

Hope you enjoy poking around here and your new look.

Welcome to P&C @Mkan - great to have you here (y)