Next razor to get after Rocca?

neongas

After wet shaving for a while now (well not really, less than 2 months), I determined the Muhle Rocca is my benchmark. And in a fit of GAS/RAD, I'm furiously googling razors to... invest in...

In terms of aesthetic, the Rocca is also my benchmark. I like the modern look of it. Ideally I'd like to buy local (which does narrow my choices a lot) and I'd like to keep the budget up to the 200 mark, but hey, if it's worth it :greedy:

So far I'm kind of looking at the Rex Envoy, but if anyone could suggest a modern looking razor at any price point or material (I'm no snob, yet), suggest away! Also happy to buy off anyone here.

Not much help to you...but I notice quite a few comments on other forums that the Rex Envoy can be a tad 'rough' in the shave. Probably depend on blades used too, but there is enough comment out there that people bought the Envoy and didn't like it.
Maybe the Blackland Era.
Aesthetics would suggest a polished Timeless, but the $$ do go up.
Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 maybe?
Merkur Progress?
Or...a really nice Gillette NEW SC would be the 'bees knees'! These clamp the blade so securely that there is no blade chatter to mess up a shave.

The nicest razor I've seen hands down is @Gargravarr 's Blackland Vector but that's not a DE.
A DE Razor I think looks very nice is the Karve razor and it also seems to be a pretty popular choice among wet shavers across the world. (Also kind of adjustable)

If you're thinking you might want to try an adjustable, I personally think the merkur progress is very ugly but it does get a pretty good wrap from a lot of shavers! I'd recommend the Pearl Flexi, a lot of value there and it got a shining review from @Errol here.
Or if you wanted to try your luck down the vintage route you could try get your hands on a Gillette Slim or FatBoy for cheap-ish.

the Rocca is also my bench mark and my favorite razor. To help you with suggestions, compared to the Rocca, what are you looking for? is it more efficiency?
Honestly I'm not sure. Like I said it's a bout of GAS, but to switch it up I guess something more efficient since I don't particularly want anything less than the Rocca.

Not much help to you...but I notice quite a few comments on other forums that the Rex Envoy can be a tad 'rough' in the shave. Probably depend on blades used too, but there is enough comment out there that people bought the Envoy and didn't like it.
Maybe the Blackland Era.
Aesthetics would suggest a polished Timeless, but the $$ do go up.
Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 maybe?
Merkur Progress?
Or...a really nice Gillette NEW SC would be the 'bees knees'! These clamp the blade so securely that there is no blade chatter to mess up a shave.
Ooh the blackland Era looks good.

Not a fan of the Rex razors personally. The razors below are all from VHSOD, and include express post. I'm aware you can get them cheaper elsewhere, but Samson usually chucks in some extras in the form of blades or even soaps. You won't always get something, but service is second to none!
Check out the Razorock Game Changer $119.95 posted, the Razorock Lupo SS $139.95 posted (listed at the bottom of the page), Rockwell 6C $79.95 posted & the Rockwell 6S $159.95 posted

Not local, but also excellent (and expensive);

Others have mentioned the Vector, and for me that's the mostest perfectest razor possible. (You NEVER see these on the BST for a reason.) But if I were still into DE (and if money is of no object) I'd be very tempted by one of the offerings from Tatara - you could even go out on a limb and pre-order the Muramasa if you like the idea of adjustables. They have to be up there among the most beautiful modern DE razors there are. Otherwise the Homelike Colibri.

The Rocca is a bit of a polarising animal. The R95 birch-bark I had is now, I believe, in its fourth pair of hands, which is a bit sad given how well it shaves. There is a certain review (cough) that describes it as "another razor", and even though I didn't keep mine, I think it's better than that.

There's plenty of good suggestions in the Weekly Reviews and for the majority part @Errol gets it right (barring the Rocca V4) so a good starting point. ;)

Some excellent suggestions and as nice as some are I believe they'd shave similar to the Rocca so not really worth the upgrade: Karve SB D plate, 6S/6C, Game Changer... Also beware that most adjustables shave a tad rough on the higher settings but if I was to add another razor I'd lean with Pearl Flexi as smooth and comfortable, yet efficient on the higher settings.

Personally never liked ATT but there's a reason why they get good reviews and they offer plenty of options regarding metals, handles and plates so you can mix and match. Naturally you could save your $$$ and get a Wolfman as of all the razors I've used thus far they match the Rocca for smoothness and efficiency without harsh blade feel but not all of us can afford/justify such an "investment".

Maybe worth waiting on Blacklands Envoy as Shane knows his stuff and by all accounts it's going to revolutionise wet shaving without costing a fortune! I don't envy your decision but look forward to seeing what you decide. (y)

Above the Tie Windsor. Get all three plates. My favourite razor to date.
Ti Blackbird inbound and rumour has it that that razor trumps all. We shall see.
Curious to see your thoughts as a Blackbird Ti sounds the beez kneez!!! :eek: