Next razor to get after Rocca?

After wet shaving for a while now (well not really, less than 2 months), I determined the Muhle Rocca is my benchmark. And in a fit of GAS/RAD, I'm furiously googling razors to... invest in...

In terms of aesthetic, the Rocca is also my benchmark. I like the modern look of it. Ideally I'd like to buy local (which does narrow my choices a lot) and I'd like to keep the budget up to the 200 mark, but hey, if it's worth it :greedy:

So far I'm kind of looking at the Rex Envoy, but if anyone could suggest a modern looking razor at any price point or material (I'm no snob, yet), suggest away! Also happy to buy off anyone here.

Personally I would be looking at a more agile razor. Rocca is efficient, but it's a not that agile if you have a chisled jaw line or a deep bridge above you top lip. (Still a very good razor).

Envoy is also good when paired with a sharp and smooth blade. It is a little more agile than the Rocca, also slightly less efficient.

The Razorock Lupo 95 SS would be my pick for a next razor that is available locally.

Last edited:
Get some vintage into your life ...
I probably should eh.

Personally I would be looking at a more agile razor. Rocca is efficient, but it's a not that agile if you have a chisled jaw line or a deep bridge above you top lip. (Still a very good razor).

Envoy is also good when paired with a sharp and smooth blade. It is a little more agile than the Rocca, also slightly less efficient.

The Razorock Lupo 95 SS would be my pick for a next razor that is available locally.
Now that you mention it I do have a fairly angular jaw line so I always had trouble shaving the corners of my jaw. I’ll look into the Lupo as well.

Thanks everyone, after having a bit of time to digest all your suggestions and let some GAS pass (pun intended), I think @Razor Burn is right in that given the Rocca’s ability I wouldn’t be stretching too far by looking at those other suggested 3 piece razors, as good as they all are. Shockingly sensible I know, given the company :ROFLMAO:.

That said, I will wait for the Blacklands Era as I think it looks pretty badass and compact, and check out the Pearl flexi as it’s fundamentally different to the Rocca.

There's plenty of good suggestions in the Weekly Reviews and for the majority part @Errol gets it right (barring the Rocca V4) so a good starting point. ;)

Some excellent suggestions and as nice as some are I believe they'd shave similar to the Rocca so not really worth the upgrade: Karve SB D plate, 6S/6C, Game Changer... Also beware that most adjustables shave a tad rough on the higher settings but if I was to add another razor I'd lean with Pearl Flexi as smooth and comfortable, yet efficient on the higher settings.

Personally never liked ATT but there's a reason why they get good reviews and they offer plenty of options regarding metals, handles and plates so you can mix and match. Naturally you could save your $$$ and get a Wolfman as of all the razors I've used thus far they match the Rocca for smoothness and efficiency without harsh blade feel but not all of us can afford/justify such an "investment".

Maybe worth waiting on Blacklands Envoy as Shane knows his stuff and by all accounts it's going to revolutionise wet shaving without costing a fortune! I don't envy your decision but look forward to seeing what you decide. (y)
Correction - Blackland Era :facepalm:

Saw this on eBay since @Mark1966 planted the seed of an idea to go vintage.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/154492805528

Is this a reasonable price for a fatboy?

Also saw some vintage Techs on gumtree.

Looks like it's been through an ultrasonic cleaner at some stage. Price wise, that seems to be what Aussie sellers are asking for. Hopefully everything works.
If you go on US ebay you will find a similar condition tem for around half the price, then you have to add shipping and GST. It may end up being about the same price.

Try a WTB advertisement on the forum! You will typically find better quality items at a reasonable price.

Looks like it's been through an ultrasonic cleaner at some stage. Price wise, that seems to be what Aussie sellers are asking for. Hopefully everything works.
If you go on US ebay you will find a similar condition tem for around half the price, then you have to add shipping and GST. It may end up being about the same price.

Try a WTB advertisement on the forum! You will typically find better quality items at a reasonable price.
Thanks! Vintage is a whole new ball game but it’s certainly fun reading up about them.

Looking at the adjustment dial appears to be a Slim and H3 1962 Q3
Looks to be in reasonable condition but top end of the price range for one that is not professionally restored.
As @rhodes96 suggested you may get a better deal by advertising in BST thread
What is your birthyear and month? If you were born within the vintage era (1955-88) it is a nice touch to get a birthyear/month vintage razor
Here is one of many Gillette date code resources on the net: https://gilletteadjustable.com/date-codes/

You can always seek advice from our resident expert @Mark1966

Saw this on eBay since @Mark1966 planted the seed of an idea to go vintage.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/154492805528

Is this a reasonable price for a fatboy?

Also saw some vintage Techs on gumtree.

Looking at the adjustment dial appears to be a Slim and H3 1962 Q3
Looks to be in reasonable condition but top end of the price range for one that is not professionally restored.
As @rhodes96 suggested you may get a better deal by advertising in BST thread
What is your birthyear and month? If you were born within the vintage era (1955-88) it is a nice touch to get a birthyear/month vintage razor
Here is one of many Gillette date code resources on the net: https://gilletteadjustable.com/date-codes/

You can always seek advice from our resident expert @Mark1966

@Holiday is on the money, it is a Slim no a Fatboy, and 1963 Quarter 3 production (M3 underside of head)

Really unhelpful photos (standard for eBay) and if it has been through an ultrasonic there there is still a lot of soap scum - or some ugly plate loss!

No paint in the numbers and some other marks and stains, a little overpriced IMHO.

Patience is a virtue hunting for vintage.

Haha......yeah it was a stupid question wasn't it. @Razor Burn , yes you do:ROFLMAO:
MOAR! MOAR! MOAR!
iu

Unless you're on a Sabbatical... :LOL:

Welp, I went with the Pearl Flexi from ArtisanArcade, and picked up a Gin & Tonic soap (Oops, how did this get in my cart? Oh well, it was Father's Day yesterday for the rest of the world). Thanks to @Ozwhisker for answering my questions.

Chose the Flexi because I don't have an adjustable (my QShave doesn't count). That said, I'm probably still gonna get the Blackland Era as an early (Aus) Father's day present :p Anybody wanna do a group buy on that?

Welp, I went with the Pearl Flexi from ArtisanArcade, and picked up a Gin & Tonic soap (Oops, how did this get in my cart? Oh well, it was Father's Day yesterday for the rest of the world). Thanks to @Ozwhisker for answering my questions.

Chose the Flexi because I don't have an adjustable (my QShave doesn't count). That said, I'm probably still gonna get the Blackland Era as an early (Aus) Father's day present :p Anybody wanna do a group buy on that?
Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the latest version of the Pearl Flex and Stirling Soap. (y)