No longer NEW but now OLD Kickstarter from Rockwell - Model T Adjustable

Great to see a couple of you going for this one - looking forward to some reviews.

So @Mark1966 when you pay for something before your sabbatical starts and you get it during the sabbatical - it's OK
If you pay for something during your sabbatical and receive it afterwards - that's OK as well?

So basically a sabbatical is just a year of well planed purchases before the actual sabbatical and some well planed purchases during the time :D :D :D

Great to see a couple of you going for this one - looking forward to some reviews.

So @Mark1966 when you pay for something before your sabbatical starts and you get it during the sabbatical - it's OK
If you pay for something during your sabbatical and receive it afterwards - that's OK as well?

So basically a sabbatical is just a year of well planed purchases before the actual sabbatical and some well planed purchases during the time :D :D :D
Don't forget, if it is an exceptional offer he can also ignore sabbatical rules:
http://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/january-2016-acquisition-thread.2208/page-5#post-58569 and
http://paste-and-cut.com.au/communi...016-acquisition-thread.2321/page-4#post-59843

Reviews will come mate BUT I need to correct you. If you go to the Kickstarter site it makes it VERY clear that it is not a store. I have not purchased this 'product' this year, I have invested in this project - there is a BIG difference. An investment cannot be construed as a shaving product.

My offered return, if the project moves ahead as planned is two razors and 200 blades in 2017. At that point, if it occurs as planned, I will have acquired shaving product. My planned sabbatical is for 2016 and would be unaffected.

[Not doing this law stuff for nothing!]

Ahh, yes, thanks for the reminders mate - they were acknowledged fails and I wear the banner accordingly. I should have crafted the terms of the sabbatical with more care - but this one certainly falls OUTSIDE any reasonable boundaries :)

What the hell I've ordered mind can't stop looking at it and thinking about it at the bloody same time :whistle::sneaky::love::love::love:

WOOT WOOT - well played mate!!!

@Mark1966 is an accountant living in Canberra, Australia's figure juggling capital. He'll find a way to make it "fit in" with his Sabbatical.

@Mark1966 is an accountant living in Canberra, Australia's figure juggling capital. He'll find a way to make it "fit in" with his Sabbatical.

Where there is a will there is a way ...

[Where there is NOT a will there is even MORE flexibility!]

Reviews will come mate BUT I need to correct you. If you go to the Kickstarter site it makes it VERY clear that it is not a store. I have not purchased this 'product' this year, I have invested in this project - there is a BIG difference. An investment cannot be construed as a shaving product.

My offered return, if the project moves ahead as planned is two razors and 200 blades in 2017. At that point, if it occurs as planned, I will have acquired shaving product. My planned sabbatical is for 2016 and would be unaffected.

[Not doing this law stuff for nothing!]
While you assert that it indeed is not a purchase and should only be viewed as an investment, is it not true that you have done so, fully expecting a dividend in a physical form at the end of this so called investment?

Would now be an opportune moment for a timely reminder of your nice Site Moderator banner and all it entails? ;)

We'll be putting together a disassembly guide in the coming months, once production final confirmations are done.

From email.
If folks want Rhodium finish, contact them on info@rockwellrazors.com so they know it's not just me seeking that finish ;)

They've added a free blade bank for reaching the $150k target and sent out a survey to get some feedback around stretch goals. On the list of options
  • chrome stand
  • another 100 blades
  • genuine or faux leather head cover
  • genuine or faux leather travel case
  • different options for finish (colour and plating)
  • Case for razor
No doubt the plating options will finish highest priority in the survey, which they have said if it does, there will be another survey to determine the colour and material options.

They've added a free blade bank for reaching the $150k target and sent out a survey to get some feedback around stretch goals. On the list of options
  • chrome stand
  • another 100 blades
  • genuine or faux leather head cover
  • genuine or faux leather travel case
  • different options for finish (colour and plating)
  • Case for razor
No doubt the plating options will finish highest priority in the survey, which they have said if it does, there will be another survey to determine the colour and material options.

Yeah that was my first choice in the survey :)

RHODIUM?
Rhodium!

I would rather the Personna adjustable option, yet have resigned myself to settling for Rhodium :)
Also not worth buying imo if not ss or Rhodium, as chrome is too susceptible to liquid ingress and breaking down shortly afterwards.

They've added a free blade bank for reaching the $150k target and sent out a survey to get some feedback around stretch goals.
They specifically stated "Not new materials". It's not really "plating" but merely painted coatings of different colours or finishes (matte black, hot pink, etc).
I'm disappointed that stainless steel wasn't an option (so I added it in my comments). The cost of making it a stainless steel razor must be prohibitive otherwise it would have been an option.

I think stainless causes a lot of headache if not machined and polished properly.

With brass, they just coat it and can cover up all imperfections...