No longer NEW but now OLD Kickstarter from Rockwell - Model T Adjustable

Already got one of them... plus
nEWdN0R.jpg

That said, razors that exist are probably better than pie in the sky 2 year old malarkey..

Fixed the thread title - I hope you don't mind @Korbz

I also note that Henry Ford founded his company in 1903 and produced a number of prototype vehicles before the Model T finally came off the production line in October 1908, some five years later. An omen?

I was so excited after the first announcement, a new fully brass adjustable, clearly I got carried away - No longer NEW but now OLD Kickstarter from Rockwell - Model T Adjustable

I also note that Henry Ford founded his company in 1903 and produced a number of prototype vehicles before the Model T finally came off the production line in October 1908, some five years later. An omen?

I was so excited after the first announcement, a new fully brass adjustable, clearly I got carried away - No longer NEW but now OLD Kickstarter from Rockwell - Model T Adjustable
lol... I was quite pissed at the latest announcement. I understand they want to get it right, but stop bullshitting about the date.

Kinda relevant but have a read about “fordlandia” interesting bit of history

Last edited:
At this point, I'm considering a new Parker Variant but have heard there were some issues with early batches - would local stock be updated or still selling out original lots?
There's also the possibility of finding a really nice example of a Super Adjustable (Black Beauty) at a fair price..... :ROFLMAO:

At this point, I'm considering a new Parker Variant but have heard there were some issues with early batches - would local stock be updated or still selling out original lots?
There's also the possibility of finding a really nice example of a Super Adjustable (Black Beauty) at a fair price..... :ROFLMAO:
Have a look at the parker variant passaround thread. It's current on the way to myself, and I'll be including thoughts on it compared to the progress and rex ambassador.

Kinda relevant but have a read about “fordlandia” interesting bit of history

... or listen to the podcast - https://99percentinvisible.org/episode/fordlandia/

lol... I was quite pissed at the latest announcement. I understand they want to get it right, but stop bullshitting about the date.

I think that they (Rockwell) are probably trying hard and are just in way over their heads. What irks me are the guys on the Kickstarter page who just wade in to defend them all guns blazing ...

Better to grab the variant from maggard razors as they have newer stock.

Also, the merkur progress molds were updated in 2016 and they now have perfect alignment from all accounts on forums.

So you could go for either one and be very happy!!

My understanding regarding the Variant was related to the black handled model losing its colouring but Parker quickly fixed this by changing the finish to graphite and happily swapped any problem units at no extra cost. Just ask the seller whether its the latest model which is more grey than black. I bought mine locally and have had no issues thus far. A great adjustable :)
I bought mine from here https://www.safetyrazor.com.au/safety-razor/parker-variant-adjustable-safety-razor.html and if you use code 5%OffVIP it still costs less than Beard and Blade

Last edited:
I too am looking forward to trying the Parker Mr Mark is so generously letting the masses scrape their faces with, though mark sending me adjustables hasn’t gone too well in the past.
I WANT THAT TOGGLE !!

I too am looking forward to trying the Parker Mr Mark is so generously letting the masses scrape their faces with, though mark sending me adjustables hasn’t gone too well in the past.
I WANT THAT TOGGLE !!

If you want to try a good adjustable, a really good adjustable albeit not one with the best aesthetics the Merkur Progress (my preference is the long handle Mergress) is seriously head to head with the best on the market. Aside from the plastic cap on the standard model, it's one hell of a good performing razor.