No longer NEW but now OLD Kickstarter from Rockwell - Model T Adjustable

I would not worry. That version he was using was one of the first ones released. I would assume the negatives he mentions are the reason for the re engineering that's happening.
Couldn't be too early a model if the price is $195 as they have only recently increased it and vid was loaded 14th June.If he had an older model then why wait so long to review?
EDIT: The Parthenon looks pretty good right now.

Couldn't be too early a model if the price is $195 as they have only recently increased it and vid was loaded 14th June.If he had an older model then why wait so long to review?
EDIT: The Parthenon looks pretty good right now.

I would say it was from the first batch I think they sent out. Maybe he was given it?

I would say it was from the first batch I think they sent out. Maybe he was given it?
Yeah. Ruds should have elaborated on those details... It makes a difference.
Either way, I'm glad i didn't kickstart it. I guess i got lucky when I kickstarted my 6c.

Latest Update -

Dear Backers,

We are happy to share with you this month’s Model T update and some good news regarding production.

Before the update, however, we would like to address an important issue. At Rockwell, we believe that it is important to treat you, the backer, right. We understand that many of you have been frustrated by the long time this complex Kickstarter product launch has been taking. We regret the unexpected delay, and sincerely apologize for any frustration caused, but be assured that we are totally committed to making the best possible product and to delivering an excellent Model T razor to all our backers. It took over two years to deliver the now universally-loved Rockwell 6S, so we know what it takes to deliver a product that our customers will love and we have the patience to do it right. In addition, Rockwell has a fantastic collection of products and is a sustainable business outside of the Model T campaign, so you can be assured of our ability to deliver the Model T to all of our backers.

Increasingly, over the last few months, Gareth has received personal threats and harassing messages which are abusive and unacceptable. If you are unhappy with the campaign and wish to have your money back, we have repeatedly made clear that you can easily opt out and we will offer a refund. Personal threats and harassment do not move the project forward, or help in any way.

On to the update:

In our last update, we told you that a major production consistency improvement would hinge on moving from a Two-Piece T-Bar to a One-Piece T-Bar. We ran a production of One-Piece T-Bars to confirm the manufacturing could hold tolerance and that it would in fact improve the assembly and overall quality of the product. We now have positive indication that a One-Piece T-Bar can in fact be manufactured and are switching all of the production to the One-Piece T-Bar. As more razors go out, we continue to receive more feedback. All feedback is useful, and feedback that indicates any kind of issue that we can address lets us see if it is possible to make the product better. An issue we recently heard from one reviewer is that he believes that at some higher settings (R4 and higher), there is too much play with the blade which could cause chatter. Although we have not been able to replicate this issue in our testing, we looked again at how could we tighten up the current design to provide more support for the blade in the head and eliminate any possible looseness that would result in blade chatter.

We found that we do have some room to tighten the blade in the head and that this could address the issue. We requested and have tested two additional engineering changes to accomplish this tightening. First, we evaluated a small increase to the thickness of the T-Bar head and arms. This increase holds the blade tighter, eliminating play. Second, we thickened the thrust plates that move the blade and also found that this minor change improves the stability of the razor in the head. These changes required only minor mold changes.

ec89513b0ea3b9ffe1c1044520f92142_original.jpg

The razors on the left side of each photo are from before we modified the molds to thicken the T-Bar and the Thrust Plate. The razors on the right side are from after the change. As a result, the Thrust Plate fits more snugly in the housing (see top picture) and the blade sits more snugly (see bottom picture).

Therefore, moving forward, we plan to implement these engineering changes as well as move all production to the One-Piece T-Bar. A production of new parts is en route and we will use it to confirm that these changes work in an additional mass production. We expect to a start shipping Model T Razors with these new parts in late-July. Then, once we’ve confirmed the new parts work in mass production, we will manufacture remaining new parts in all finishes.

As always, thank you for all of your ongoing support,

The Rockwell Razors Team

Pretty poor form if people are sending harassing messages and threats. It is only shaving people!

Latest Update -

Dear Backers,

We are happy to share with you this month’s Model T update and some good news regarding production.

Before the update, however, we would like to address an important issue. At Rockwell, we believe that it is important to treat you, the backer, right. We understand that many of you have been frustrated by the long time this complex Kickstarter product launch has been taking. We regret the unexpected delay, and sincerely apologize for any frustration caused, but be assured that we are totally committed to making the best possible product and to delivering an excellent Model T razor to all our backers. It took over two years to deliver the now universally-loved Rockwell 6S, so we know what it takes to deliver a product that our customers will love and we have the patience to do it right. In addition, Rockwell has a fantastic collection of products and is a sustainable business outside of the Model T campaign, so you can be assured of our ability to deliver the Model T to all of our backers.

Increasingly, over the last few months, Gareth has received personal threats and harassing messages which are abusive and unacceptable. If you are unhappy with the campaign and wish to have your money back, we have repeatedly made clear that you can easily opt out and we will offer a refund. Personal threats and harassment do not move the project forward, or help in any way.

On to the update:

In our last update, we told you that a major production consistency improvement would hinge on moving from a Two-Piece T-Bar to a One-Piece T-Bar. We ran a production of One-Piece T-Bars to confirm the manufacturing could hold tolerance and that it would in fact improve the assembly and overall quality of the product. We now have positive indication that a One-Piece T-Bar can in fact be manufactured and are switching all of the production to the One-Piece T-Bar. As more razors go out, we continue to receive more feedback. All feedback is useful, and feedback that indicates any kind of issue that we can address lets us see if it is possible to make the product better. An issue we recently heard from one reviewer is that he believes that at some higher settings (R4 and higher), there is too much play with the blade which could cause chatter. Although we have not been able to replicate this issue in our testing, we looked again at how could we tighten up the current design to provide more support for the blade in the head and eliminate any possible looseness that would result in blade chatter.

We found that we do have some room to tighten the blade in the head and that this could address the issue. We requested and have tested two additional engineering changes to accomplish this tightening. First, we evaluated a small increase to the thickness of the T-Bar head and arms. This increase holds the blade tighter, eliminating play. Second, we thickened the thrust plates that move the blade and also found that this minor change improves the stability of the razor in the head. These changes required only minor mold changes.

ec89513b0ea3b9ffe1c1044520f92142_original.jpg

The razors on the left side of each photo are from before we modified the molds to thicken the T-Bar and the Thrust Plate. The razors on the right side are from after the change. As a result, the Thrust Plate fits more snugly in the housing (see top picture) and the blade sits more snugly (see bottom picture).

Therefore, moving forward, we plan to implement these engineering changes as well as move all production to the One-Piece T-Bar. A production of new parts is en route and we will use it to confirm that these changes work in an additional mass production. We expect to a start shipping Model T Razors with these new parts in late-July. Then, once we’ve confirmed the new parts work in mass production, we will manufacture remaining new parts in all finishes.

As always, thank you for all of your ongoing support,

The Rockwell Razors Team

Pretty poor form if people are sending harassing messages and threats. It is only shaving people!

Absolutely agree @Mark1966 with your last line having had the experience of that kind of issue first hand

That’s really disappointing to hear that people are making threats, they should just give up on the idea of Rockwell being able to deliver a new razor correctly the first time in a timely manner.

Exactly what I was going to say.
To make it worse, they have been offered refunds on several occasions. So really, these people are just bullies.
There's just no excuse for threatening someone's life over something so mundane as shaving. I hope they were dealt-with appropriately.

Exactly what I was going to say.
To make it worse, they have been offered refunds on several occasions. So really, these people are just bullies.
There's just no excuse for threatening someone's life over something so mundane as shaving. I hope they were dealt-with appropriately.
Dear Bullies,
It’s never okay to threaten folk regardless of their razor production speed, tortoise and the hare- nuff said- if we hear of it again we will kick your asses as we don’t like threats.

Love,
Us

Dear Bullies,
It’s never okay to threaten folk regardless of their razor production speed, tortoise and the hare- nuff said- if we hear of it again we will kick your asses as we don’t like threats.

Love,
Us
Well written

Well written
It took 7 drafts- pretty happy with it :)
But in all seriousness Kickstarter has never been just a standard store front and it’s a gosh darned shame folks arnt aren’t able to get onboard with the TOU.. sure we complain and joke around but at the end of the day I’d rather them take years and get it right then rush something out which is sub par, like they did first time round.

That’s the thing thou. You don’t like it you get your money back. That’s fair and honest. It’s not like they holding you at ransom or anything.

That’s the thing thou. You don’t like it you get your money back. That’s fair and honest. It’s not like they holding you at ransom or anything.
Very true but at 2 years development and no real finish line in sight more transparency would be appreciated, some idea of if we will see these prior to Christmas of 2018, 2019 or will they be redundant as people will have evolved beyond a use for hair as our colonies on mars are appropriately shielded.

I’ll also add the bitter taste of not getting the all brass razor we where sold is still there sure we can get our money back but at this point we have been waiting quite some time-passed on other similar offers and what have you- basically I think people feel they have more than the asking price invested at this point.
I’ve got Gillette adjustables so Im not concerned but I belive that to be the climate around this.

Latest update....more of the same, sadly.

Dear Backers,

We’ve been hard at work to get your Model T razors shipped out to you over the last month, and we’ve been thrilled to see more positive reviews coming in as more backers receive their razors. We have just a brief update for you this month, with a more substantial update, including final shipping timelines that we forecast will be ready for publishing at the end of August.

As mentioned in the last update, we were implementing a number of engineering changes as well as moving all T-Bar production to the One-Piece T-Bar. We’re taking extra care with these One-Piece T-Bars to ensure they arrive in perfect condition, so we produced shipping trays for this critical parts that will protect them all the way into the assembly stage.

p2aql1hyngewugaga6df.jpg

The new parts are en-route for assembly (in the new shipping trays) and once they arrive in the next week and we confirm in assembly that the most recent production has been successful, we’ll issue the order for the final production of One-Piece T-Bars in all three finishes.

We intend to continue shipping through August, including European and International shipments for the White Chrome Model T units. We intend to further accelerate the assembly and shipping process when the inbound batch of One-Piece T-Bars reaches us shortly. We’ll be able to provide a full shipping timeline in an update that we forecast will be ready for posting in the final days of August.

We hope this update provides some clarity in the meantime before we provide a substantial final timeline update in the final days of August.

As always, thank you for all of your ongoing support and please let us know if you have any questions,

The Rockwell Razors Team

Latest update....more of the same, sadly.

Dear Backers,

We’ve been hard at work to get your Model T razors shipped out to you over the last month, and we’ve been thrilled to see more positive reviews coming in as more backers receive their razors. We have just a brief update for you this month, with a more substantial update, including final shipping timelines that we forecast will be ready for publishing at the end of August.

As mentioned in the last update, we were implementing a number of engineering changes as well as moving all T-Bar production to the One-Piece T-Bar. We’re taking extra care with these One-Piece T-Bars to ensure they arrive in perfect condition, so we produced shipping trays for this critical parts that will protect them all the way into the assembly stage.

p2aql1hyngewugaga6df.jpg

The new parts are en-route for assembly (in the new shipping trays) and once they arrive in the next week and we confirm in assembly that the most recent production has been successful, we’ll issue the order for the final production of One-Piece T-Bars in all three finishes.

We intend to continue shipping through August, including European and International shipments for the White Chrome Model T units. We intend to further accelerate the assembly and shipping process when the inbound batch of One-Piece T-Bars reaches us shortly. We’ll be able to provide a full shipping timeline in an update that we forecast will be ready for posting in the final days of August.

We hope this update provides some clarity in the meantime before we provide a substantial final timeline update in the final days of August.

As always, thank you for all of your ongoing support and please let us know if you have any questions,

The Rockwell Razors Team
Yeah, not happy. Looks like this order of t-bars are the same ones they spoke about in the 5th July update, which still haven't arrived. They're yet to be tested on the assembly line, and if successful, then they need to order more. If it's taken 5 weeks to order and deliver this lot of t-bars, you'd think a big order wouldn't take any less time, and add a week or 2 for testing this back, and we're looking at Dec delivery (assuming time to actually assemble the razors once all parts received).

Yeah, not happy. Looks like this order of t-bars are the same ones they spoke about in the 5th July update, which still haven't arrived. They're yet to be tested on the assembly line, and if successful, then they need to order more. If it's taken 5 weeks to order and deliver this lot of t-bars, you'd think a big order wouldn't take any less time, and add a week or 2 for testing this back, and we're looking at Dec delivery (assuming time to actually assemble the razors once all parts received).
There has been one report where the two piece tbar fell apart after one week of use.
Copy/paste from The Shave Den:
I was getting ready for some pictures when a couple of mornings ago the Rockwell Model T fell apart. I think what happened is the door assembly in the razor I got has/had? the crimped or glued? T-bar assembly and it simply pulled apart when tightening the razor blade to shave with. I don't think the 2 piece T-bar assembly would hold up for anyone. And, now my razor is not useable. Not sure what to do as I e-mailed Rockwell and have not heard anything from them as to a solution for fixing the razor or sending it back to them for repairs. And, I am not so sure there is a solution and that the razor can be fixed? Especially if there is no way to get rid of the 2 piece T-bar/doors assembly. IMHO this may be a serious design flaw? So, no pictures necessary at this point. The razor lasted a week for me with gentile use.

Rockwell knew there would be issues,hence the redesign,yet still sent razors out with the flawed part.

ETA: Rockwell did contact the owner and offered to send him a replacement razor.