November 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaqi shipment arrived today.
Was surprised how large the handles are on these brushes. Not sure yet if I like any of them as they feel too large.
Time will tell.
7af362750e.png

Must have a lot of lense distortion as the RazoRock 400 synthetic is in there for comparison.

Edit, added the below to gauge size.
acbc357126.png

Last edited:
Was surprised how large the handles are on these brushes. Not sure yet if I like any of them as they feel too large.
Time will tell.
7af362750e.png

Must have a lot of lense distortion as the RazoRock 400 synthetic is in there for comparison.

acbc357126.png

I love my Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo 24mm and the Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo 26mm bulb, looking forward to see the Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo 26mm fan very soon

Time will tell.
7af362750e.png

acbc357126.png
Let me know if you do look to shift :) I have the red and blue ones in a cart atm that I haven't pulled the trigger on yet.

I love my Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo 24mm and the Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo 26mm bulb, looking forward to see the Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo 26mm fan very soon
Was very tempted to get the fan one as well. But truly wanted to try the range of options, loft against knot type. So got three types of knot, three sizes and loft heights while keeping the number of brushes low. Had nine in my cart and got it down to five before hitting the ordering button.
The fan is the same size as the bulb +/-2mm loft so made the decision to skip it. In the back of my mind was worried about the floppiness due to longer tips.
Will wait for your review on it to move from my original decision.

@FluffyGroodle @nav1 I think that you will find the Dr Harris shampoo bars contain some nasties as well, but I agree on the tins are very nice. @nav1 where do you source your Liggett’s bars from?

Yeah, i just checked out the Harris bar and think I'll pass.

I get Liggett's bars from iherb.com
Good price and free shipping (for orders above $50).

In an unusual display of efficiency from USPS and AusPost I present to you, the baby coming home -

Posted 18 November in Minneapolis USA and arrived today, pretty impressive really

Last edited:
In an unusual display of efficiency from USPS and AusPost I present to you, the baby coming home -

Posted 18 November in Minneapolis USA and arrived today, pretty impressive really
Very nice. Excellent score Mark. :) Id love one but came a bit late to the party.

Very nice. Excellent score Mark. :) Id love one but came a bit late to the party.

This will be my user, I have a NOS for display at present.

You might find somebody out there willing to part with theirs

OT:- This is not a wet shaving related because I got a new iPhone 8 today along with Otterbox Defender to protect my new phone, now that I can communicate with my family and friends via face to face by iPhone as I'm deaf since I've been using my very old Nokia C2 phone for nearly 12 years. This is my very first iPhone all I can say is WOW!!

20171124_180943.jpg

Thanks to @alfredus I have an aluminium Colonial General again (plus a whole bunch of SE blades I've never used before). What would we do without this great P&C community!

Also those white and red Gillette arrived. After 3 months. I really like these in aggressive razors... especially the R41. They aren't easy to get though :)

Also those white and red Gillette arrived. After 3 months. I really like these in aggressive razors... especially the R41. They aren't easy to get though

Far out!!!! Does tracking indicate they went through the Bermuda triangle??? (Bermuda triangle = Sunshine West)

20171124_180943.jpg

Thanks to @alfredus I have an aluminium Colonial General again (plus a whole bunch of SE blades I've never used before). What would we do without this great P&C community!

Also those white and red Gillette arrived. After 3 months. I really like these in aggressive razors... especially the R41. They aren't easy to get though :)
The reds are great blades

Wow, I'm stunned! How was the sellers reaction when you got in touch with him?

He was very surprised to say the least!

Of course he had already refunded me the price, so was pleased to bill me again. The double bummer was that the exchange rate had moved and the cost me about 10% more in $AUD :(

He was very surprised to say the least!

Of course he had already refunded me the price, so was pleased to bill me again. The double bummer was that the exchange rate had moved and the cost me about 10% more in $AUD :(

10% on the exchange rate is a small price to pay to maintain your dignity by doing the right thing... well played Sir!!!

10% on the exchange rate is a small price to pay to maintain your dignity by doing the right thing... well played Sir!!!

Well I didn't realise that had happened until AFTER I had contacted him and suggested he bill be again :)

2017-11-25%2015.49.44_zpsh3iveygh.jpg

Seeing as I only started DE shaving this month, I thought I'd just post everything I've received so far.
It looks like a lot, but it's only 10 full size containers (9 top left, WhollyKaw on the right sitting in my lather bowl), the rest are samples.

I tried WhollyKaw (with donkey milk) yesterday and really enjoyed it that I already ordered some more. Martin de Candre (Rose) will be tonight and one of the Squadron Soaps tomorrow.
I think I'm good for the next 2 years, hahaha.

P.S. Just realised there is also a 250g stick of Dusy (clone of Klar Kabinett) at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.