November 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2017-11-25%2015.49.44_zpsh3iveygh.jpg

Seeing as I only started DE shaving this month, I thought I'd just post everything I've received so far.
It looks like a lot, but it's only 10 full size containers (9 top left, WhollyKaw on the right sitting in my lather bowl), the rest are samples.

I tried WhollyKaw (with donkey milk) yesterday and really enjoyed it that I already ordered some more. Martin de Candre (Rose) will be tonight and one of the Squadron Soaps tomorrow.
I think I'm good for the next 2 years, hahaha.

P.S. Just realised there is also a 250g stick of Dusy (clone of Klar Kabinett) at the top.
A good start :ROFLMAO:

2017-11-25%2015.49.44_zpsh3iveygh.jpg

Seeing as I only started DE shaving this month, I thought I'd just post everything I've received so far.
It looks like a lot, but it's only 10 full size containers (9 top left, WhollyKaw on the right sitting in my lather bowl), the rest are samples.

I tried WhollyKaw (with donkey milk) yesterday and really enjoyed it that I already ordered some more. Martin de Candre (Rose) will be tonight and one of the Squadron Soaps tomorrow.
I think I'm good for the next 2 years, hahaha.

P.S. Just realised there is also a 250g stick of Dusy (clone of Klar Kabinett) at the top.
I can't see the image (account limit). But it certainly *sounds* impressive.

How did you manage to get all those testers shipped at a decent rate? (Assuming you're in Aus)
Yep, I'm in Aus. Muhle set, Muhle blades and the luscious soap I got locally so no shipping.
Squadron soap was a reasonable $8 AUD for postage.
The rest is roughly 6 shipments, each was about $20 US for shipping to give you an idea.

The main reason for getting so much early is obviously sampling and trying to beat the Christmas rush for parcels, where it could disappear into a black hole.

wwOSvH2.jpg

Picked up the last bottle from Menzbiz with a 20% Black Friday discount based on @UKSteve recommending it to @Snooze who was kind enough to let me have a spray at the last Sydney meetup. The fragrance will make the ideal compliment to AP Reserve "Ozymandias" that is releasing in Winter 2018.

wwOSvH2.jpg

Picked up the last bottle from Menzbiz with a 20% Black Friday discount based on @UKSteve recommending it to @Snooze who was kind enough to let me have a spray at the last Sydney meetup. The fragrance will make the ideal compliment to AP Reserve "Ozymandias" that is releasing in Winter 2018.

Very nice!

'Menzbiz with a 20% Black Friday discount' - bummer, missed out on that :(

Very nice!

'Menzbiz with a 20% Black Friday discount' - bummer, missed out on that :(

I usually miss these things too, the shelf price was $290.00 before discount so the 20% made it a more reasonable purchase. I had wanted it since smelling it, but at $290 a bottle it needed a lot of serious consideration, I grabbed the last bottle too which was also lucky.

I usually miss these things too, the shelf price was $290.00 before discount so the 20% made it a more reasonable purchase. I had wanted it since smelling it, but at $290 a bottle it needed a lot of serious consideration, I grabbed the last bottle too which was also lucky.

Nice, and here I am baulking at the $180 for Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano Cologne, 100ml to match the croap and aftershave I got in Florence. With 20% off I would have put the hard word on my wife to grab it for Christmas. Hmmmm, maybe I wait until next year ...

I want that too Mark, and the aftershave balm to match my soap set but the SMN as we both know does not come cheaply :cautious:

I want that too Mark, and the aftershave balm to match my soap set but the SMN as we both know does not come cheaply :cautious:

So NEXT time there is a sale ...

(BTW - I don't think it was really any cheaper in Florence!)

ADP Oud, my fav from the house, nice pick up at a good price.
SMN TT, I have the Cologne, luckily for me the only stockists in the UK are the SMN stores in London, you have to order over the telephone and they want the equivalent of $25 to ship a single item 150 miles, they need to catch me out online and drunk one night with those prices.

ADP Oud, my fav from the house, nice pick up at a good price.
SMN TT, I have the Cologne, luckily for me the only stockists in the UK are the SMN stores in London, you have to order over the telephone and they want the equivalent of $25 to ship a single item 150 miles, they need to catch me out online and drunk one night with those prices.

I think I've been to that store - near Saville Row and Old Bond Street etc, lovely place - I walked out empty handed!

Status
Not open for further replies.