November 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
eZoRvGG.jpg

MOAglwr.jpg

UiVECZJ.jpg

Bought this little half-frame camera for peanuts.
Note: I know, I know, I've neglected my shaving gear addiction lately... I'll buy a new soap soon... don't kick me out : (

I8QNqo4.png
That looks really fun, my mum picked up a few box brownies a while back.
I have to spend some time working on photography, it’s not something I’m good at nor have I done any training in it but in my new role I’m out checking out all sorts of places so I thought it would be a fun side project while out and about.

That looks really fun, my mum picked up a few box brownies a while back.
I have to spend some time working on photography, it’s not something I’m good at nor have I done any training in it but in my new role I’m out checking out all sorts of places so I thought it would be a fun side project while out and about.

You mentioned these box cameras, not so long ago. If you want to use them, you’ll have to either get adapters 120/220 to 616/620 or respool 120/220 films in 616/620 spools, the later is a “challenging” operation as it must be done in a light tight bag or in a completely dark room.

You mentioned these box cameras, not so long ago. If you want to use them, you’ll have to either get adapters 120/220 to 616/620 or respool 120/220 films in 616/620 spools, the later is a “challenging” operation as it must be done in a light tight bag or in a completely dark room.
A family friend did some work with cameras at the powerhouse museum, I think she intended to allow that lovely person the privilege lol :) I love the idea of getting decent at photography, it’s just outside of my reach currently

Collage_2017-11-01_06_57_37.jpg

Early month Avon acquisition! This baby is more green than menthol. Interesting and I'd not heard of it before. $5!
Needs more menth!

38031209726_fa37386eb0_c.jpg

Dropped into The Stray Whisker on the way home through Lithgow on Monday and scored some Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica triple milled soap, Barrister and Mann Seville soap and AS, and The Sudsy Soapery Lavender & Peppermint. Can't recommend The Stray Whisker highly enough. Con and Kim are fantastic to deal with. Really enjoyed dropping in and learnt a lot too. @FluffyGroodle - visit to the candy shop.
Then when I got home Australians All was waiting at the Post Office. This lot will have to wait as I've still got a fair bit of gear ahead of me in the Travelling Box #4B. Test lathered the Felce Aromatica though and it was magnificent. Take back what I said about Italian soaps.
Hope the discussions were fruitful mate.

@SchoolForAnts this would have made a better label for the soap :D
Seconded.

Quiet you... we'll discuss this later
We will?
Sweet, pre plastic surgery Pamela Anderson please ;)

24233780448_2681fdc3f4_z.jpg

Nearly forgot this. One Semogue 1305 Boar. Hanging out to try this too but using brushes I'm familiar with whilst working on the travelling box. My wife thinks my boar brushes ugly but she likes this one which makes a purchase easier.
Under rated brush.
You should love it once broken in.

Another reverse aqcuisition!
My friendly security attendant added to my Swiss Pitralon misery by also confiscating a tub of German shaving soap, despite it clearly being labeled as Rasierseife. It was a new artisanal Brand - can’t recall the name, but looked good. I insisted it be opened, and it was a croap similar to Cella, but the Joker was having none of it and binned them both (or maybe took home for personal use?)
Tip 1/2 out, problem solved.
If they still are arseholes about it, tip/scoop the entire lot out into a bin to discourage this type of behaviour.

What possible reason could security have for confiscating soap?
Arseholes either on a power trip or to confiscate for their own personal use.

There was certainly no mistaking this parcel.
vjwy8gH.jpg

Rocnel Elite Titanium Coated

qaOaHSo.jpg

JuQv5UD.jpg

r9rDeIr.jpg

oCEs523.jpg

1XuRTZE.jpg

This thing is a work of art. I can see why Murat can only make 4 of these a week. The heaviest razor ive ever had in my hand at 140 grams. Ordering from Mustafa certainly is a hair raising experience but certainly worth it in the end.

vjwy8gH.jpg

qaOaHSo.jpg

JuQv5UD.jpg

r9rDeIr.jpg

oCEs523.jpg

1XuRTZE.jpg

This thing is a work of art. I can see why Murat can only make 4 of these a week. The heaviest razor ive ever had in my hand at 140 grams. Ordering from Mustafa certainly is a hair raising experience but certainly worth it in the end.
REALLY looking forward to hearing how it goes. Was very keen on this one.

vjwy8gH.jpg

qaOaHSo.jpg

JuQv5UD.jpg

r9rDeIr.jpg

oCEs523.jpg

1XuRTZE.jpg

Going a shade of green in jealousy.
Firstly @Snooze being eyeing that handle for a while and the full kit one day soon. Looks smart and prefer over the other Timeless ones.

@Bozley82 mate you have gone hard lately which I've admired and now you have peaked my interest :love:
Besides me I think a few would be very interested in your thoughts of the shave from a rocnel elite.

vjwy8gH.jpg

qaOaHSo.jpg

JuQv5UD.jpg

r9rDeIr.jpg

oCEs523.jpg

1XuRTZE.jpg

Lovely looking razor... I'm thinking this or the B&R adjustable as potential future purchases.

Well we can't leave ALL the buying (and AdP action) to @UKSteve ...

With thanks to @nav1 for enabling the slightly used old formula AdP and a new shave stick for travel from Mensbiz -

Status
Not open for further replies.