NT News front pages

eggbert

is full of Vision Collision
2018 Sabbatical
2017 Sabbatical
Da Menth Heads
I think we all know that the NT News is the last bastion of serious reporting left in Australia, if not the world. If it isn't the best, it is certainly up there with the likes of (alas now demised) News of the World from the UK, and The USAs National Enquirer.

With this in mind, I thought I should start a thread celebrating the high impact investigative journalism provided by the esteemed publication.

I present my first exhibit from today's newspaper:

hFj4N.jpg

Last edited:
A broken link?

Don't worry, its still better than news.com.au :laugh:

Keep it coming. I always thought that the West Australian had the loftiest standard of reporting.

Eggy when I lived there my relatives never believed some of the front pages I would send them down south.

It's a rare day there isn't a croc story on the front page but.

Nice pic. Please keep us abreast of any good ones in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
What show was it that gave the news headlines every day from the various main papers of states or territories?

It may have been abc2 news breakfast programme I think. It used to go "serious story", "serious story", "serious story", "serious story" ,"serious story" Then NT "jeez a croc" or something...
edit:
WA media sucks balls though too, as do most newspapers in this country I think, that's why I stopped reading them 7+ years ago. Fairfax or Murdoch, LOL, not interested. May as well read a titty mag if you want that level of journalism and relevance to current events, news, opinions and headlines full of bad puns.

Last edited:
What show was it that gave the news headlines every day from the various main papers of states or territories?

It may have been abc2 news breakfast programme I think. It used to go "serious story", "serious story", "serious story", "serious story" ,"serious story" Then NT "jeez a croc" or something...
edit:
WA media sucks balls though too, as do most newspapers in this country I think, that's why I stopped reading them 7+ years ago. Fairfax or Murdoch, LOL, not interested. May as well read a titty mag if you want that level of journalism and relevance to current events, news, opinions and headlines full of bad puns.

Good News Week on the ABC was more reputable than the NT News.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one from a few months back

12-02-2011-flyingdildoheadline.png

does the "pearl necklace" you can win have anything to do with the flying dildo?

We think alike. I remember that thought crossing my mind when I saw the paper the first time.

It's been a while, but I think today's front page was worthy of a post

ZtyAA.jpg

It's been a while, but I think today's front page was worthy of a post

View attachment 343

While you may laugh if that was CBR there would be calls for lightning rods to be installed on every street corner to reduce the risk of harm to native wildlife - I kid you not .....

You want crocs? 5 headlines on one front page:
T0sbV.jpg

I wished the West Australian was like that instead of pretending that it isn't. I would buy it if it was.

So i thought I'd have a bit of a trawl and show some that I have missed. Remember that most of these are on the front page of the paper.
BgZA4.jpg