October 2015 Aquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should keep me going for the near future :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
1300_Voskhod_LadasS_zpsqwtlx1w1.jpg
Down to your last 500 and need to stock up again?

Something like that - and I needed some Ladas, as I think I prefer them even a bit more in the Wolf...

Just don't come crying to me, when they stop making them ;)

Mystery Mail Call!
Certainly wasn't expecting a parcel today...
905788_10203779868455651_9182386459921173977_o.jpg

...from @SydBJW . So I had a suspicion what the satchel might contain...and man o' man our resident "Suds Man" delivered. Eight more rare LE soaps. I can't wait to get then on my face.

12027286_10203779871255721_6895042458922007160_o.jpg

Thanks mate. I'm still buggered if I know where you keep this bounty? Do you have a wing of Casa De La Syd devoted to its storage.

I used to have a cheap loupe in the car - came in handy on occasions. Think I've lost it now

@alfredus , well I can't fault your tastes on the soap or brush front - however with the blades...:cautious: Ah each to his own I guess and if they work for you then thats definitely a good thing as they're able to be gotten very cost effectively. (y)

@alfredus , well I can't fault your tastes on the soap or brush front - however with the blades...:cautious: Ah each to his own I guess and if they work for you then thats definitely a good thing as they're able to be gotten very cost effectively. (y)

So are you saying @Nick the Knife you don't like my razors :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Trust me, this wasn't an impulse buy and they really work for me in my razors. The Voskhod work actually in everything I have tried them, and the Ladas are perfect for me in the Wolfman - and since today also in the Ikon DLC Slant.

I really need that balance of smoothness and sharp but not Feather. And of course at this price point I don't care about longevity...not that I have found a blade that can tackle my beard more than twice.

PolSilver, GSB and Nacets are almost too much for me. I like them, but I don't need them. Glue (Astras etc.) just puts me off and I am certainly not paying 1$+ per blade when mine are less than 10 cents. I know that my prep (or more accurately: my almost non existent prep) kills blades - but again at this price point I really don't care.

Having said that, I also think that the precision instruments I prefer make the blades so rigid, that only really poor blades won't work ;)

Just arrived from our resident Scallywag and straight enabler @Mark...so know it's gonna be so good!

11056574_10203783567468124_5728168873382278835_o.jpg

Oh yeahhhh, can't wait to get a lather on and this girl on my face....
The Stillsy Str8 collection grows... Lovely blade.

So are you saying @Nick the Knife you don't like my razors :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Trust me, this wasn't an impulse buy and they really work for me in my razors. The Voskhod work actually in everything I have tried them, and the Ladas are perfect for me in the Wolfman - and since today also in the Ikon DLC Slant.

I really need that balance of smoothness and sharp but not Feather. And of course at this price point I don't care about longevity...not that I have found a blade that can tackle my beard more than twice.

PolSilver, GSB and Nacets are almost too much for me. I like them, but I don't need them. Glue (Astras etc.) just puts me off and I am certainly not paying 1$+ per blade when mine are less than 10 cents. I know that my prep (or more accurately: my almost non existent prep) kills blades - but again at this price point I really don't care.

Having said that, I also think that the precision instruments I prefer make the blades so rigid, that only really poor blades won't work ;)
Ah touche, but I do like those as well! Dunno I always found anything from the Mostochlegmash stable pretty so-so.

I think they marketed the Voshkod blades well touting them as 'Teflon coated' - which attracts many users but of course many other blades are PTFE coated (which is essentially the same thing just not the Dow branding) yet this is overlooked by folks. Haha you see you've blown all your shaving budget on your soaps & razors and now have to draw the line harshly on the blade costs. PSS don't work well for you? Middle eastern friends of mine find these work well for their harsh stubble.

I agree the glue on a lot of the St Pete plants products is less than attractive but I've never found it actually interferes with a shave - and I think given where they are it'd almost be impossible unless you were literally mounting the blade on a stick - you do have to be careful when removing the used blade though as it makes it prone to sticking them springing out at you! Just aesthetics on the glue put you off or something more?

They are pretty amazing value for money - and I've found certain folks really, REALLY love them - swearing they're the best blades and they'd have over stuff costing 4-5x more - whereas others think they're ordinary & can only justify from a value perspective. Haha I wish I was one of the formers. :)

Visited the new mensbiz store in Sydney. Chatted to Nathan too - lovely guy. Anyway, I couldn't walk away empty handed, so I got this:

22450994665_cd0d1499df_b.jpg

Haven't used it yet, but I've heard good things, and it smells great.

Also got this while I was in Spain (although technically it was September).

22263060900_564fdf479f_z.jpg

I've gotten the funk out of it now, and hoping it breaks in soon. It is very dense and hopefully will loosen up a bit...

Beautiful Epsilon! 5-7 test lather and it will be a treat!

Some mornings it is worth going to the post office ...

World's first 7 blade razor - only for the brave like @gthomas04 and myself!

A shipper for a #77 set - pretty sure I have one needing a shipper

Aged Spice Shave Stick, courtesy of the Shaverhut sale (thanks @Nightguard) - a little larger than I was anticipating unfortunately. I like to keep my travel kit light. If it is an outstanding performance I will put up with it - if not I start the hunt again

A couple of GEMs - anybody looking for a SE?

Last but by no means least the Slim Adjustable in the '1000 uses' box - a nice pickup which will clean up well I suspect :)

Status
Not open for further replies.