Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Well this kinda snuck up on us - sorry for the lateness of this thread, hopefully we can make up for that with some pictures of great new additions!

Over to you guys :)

ERYTvzr.jpg

New additions from Gift & Care just arrived today. Love that Proraso!

DSC_0520.jpg

Just received this pic from Peter. It wont be in my hands for another few weeks, but I'm very happy with the look.
Beautiful @Psmith - congratulations (y)

Nice mail call after a couple of days away -

Some shoe trees for the new shoes, Stirling Splashes through a friend and a Gem 'E-bar' because it looked cool (the British made version of the 'G-bar' or 'Flat Top')

Nice mail call after a couple of days away -

Some shoe trees for the new shoes, Stirling Splashes through a friend and a Gem 'E-bar' because it looked cool (the British made version of the 'G-bar' or 'Flat Top')
Nice haul there!
Is the E-bar like the Gillettes i.e. British made ones seem slightly better made and finished?

Nice haul there!
Is the E-bar like the Gillettes i.e. British made ones seem slightly better made and finished?

Thanks

Of course the British are best :)

Actually that is alleged to be the case !

@vanNek did you fill out you're WILL first before your wife find out sooner or later ;)

No theres a reason all my Shaving gear is black..... oh no honey thats the same brush. I have told here about the myrosl and the shavette.

Just not the brush, the stand, the simpsons pre shave oil, and the razorock pre shave gel or the TSW balm... You guys sure do "alot of trading" with me **wink wink nudge nudge**

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a few nice brushes last month. By rights these should have been posted in the September acquisitions thread but I did not get around to it. Apologies for my tardiness there.

First off I picked up this beautiful Romera brush from @Draco Noir. @Draco Noir has been a true gentleman and a pleasure to deal with. This brush exceeded my expectations and I am a very proud owner.

hNmcEGM.jpg

zRd9IXo.jpg

KGcz3NH.jpg

Secondly I picked up these two lovely brushes as well.

p2aqGK0.jpg

The cream handled brush is a Thater 4125/1 (24mm) 2 band. So far it has only seen a couple of outings but is very impressive.

yMSnd8w.jpg

FhRWiCQ.jpg

QJMFU6V.jpg

The blue handled beauty is a custom Shavemac with a D01 2 band knot. The knot is 24mm set at 48mm height and is a fan knot. This thing is a dense monster and the backbone is unbelievable. So far it has only seen a handful of uses and is starting to break in nicely. This brush has also been an eye opener in some regards, Due to the amount of backbone it is not possible to use anything but paint strokes when face lathering. I have found that I seem to get a better lather using this technique and although still early days I am starting to try the technique out with all of my brushes with good results.

IYXn0ZK.jpg

gODVXaQ.jpg

ZFgdFIV.jpg

I have some more exciting items to come in the next couple of weeks and look forward to sharing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.