Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Out with the old and in with ... World Vegetarian Day to start Vegetarian Awareness Month - but I will not be a dick and talk about that ...

I will, however, point to the Wikipedia entry for October which clearly lists October 20 as being a very special day - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October.

Until then, what else has come your way this month?

Last edited:
Collage_2017-10-01_22_34_45.jpg

The retro Avon aftershave journey continues with the purchase of an almost full bottle of Oland... in this hilarious train... for a grand total of $25. Yes, I did feel a little embarrassed buying this bottle. The tall stack is actually the lid.

Oland is very 1970 but less shockingly so than my first adventure with the motorcycle. This is a chypre clearly inspired by Aramis but it's soapy and more relaxed. I’ve ordered PAA’s new Porthos soap which is Douglas’s take on the Aramis scent because I love that 70s classic. Now I have a syrupy, dense but less intense AS to pair with it now if I don’t feel like the full force of the AS & EdT.

Incidentally, my research (and sniffing other semi full bottles around the traps) has lead me to discover that my daughter gave me Avon Leather rather than Wild Country in the motorcycle bottle. So I’m sorry if I gave people a bum steer. If you can find a bottle of Avon Leather then I dare you to try it. Wild Country is a much more pleasant powdery fougere than Brut. Brut, by the way, is the only retro scent I really don’t like because of the negative memories growing up with it. Leather makes you feel like Charles Bronson in a Death Wish film.

Last edited:
Collage_2017-10-02_11_12_56.jpg

The European razor purchases have arrived. Thanks ebay. At the top is a French user grade OC Gardette with case. It's a New Style LC inspired head by the looks and obviously nickel coated brass. I hadn't heard of them before and it was worth a nibble at the price because the LC New is a great head.

The English chromium plated Souplex kit is one I was after because I was so impressed with the bakelite Double 6. This really is in top condition and has seen very little use. Looks like it's inspired by the Old Style head. I'd love to know the model name if you guys know. The Deco handle is great.

Last edited:
20171003_091827.jpg

Far out - somebody else needs to get stuff this month! Excited about the Porthos (Aramis inspired) shaving soap and shampoo conditioner puck. And who doesn’t love Vetiver?

Oh, and these took all of 8 days to arrive from Arizona. Cannot get over how quick US shipping can be sometimes.

Last edited:
And who doesn’t love Vetiver?

Let me know how you get on with that Vetiver, I have had my eye on it since I first saw the spam start. He has 3 different types in there, it should be just fantastic in fragrance :)

I've unleashed some fury on the wallet thus far. Excuse the spelling I don't want to get up to check.
Apr idoru - from trade deal
Apr feshca
Beaver woodright Davy Jones - in the post
Phoenix adg
Phoenix frostbyte
Chiselled face Cryogen
Stirling soap margaritas in the Arctic glacial

cKrHagt.jpg

Wolfman, BSB + YRP soap arrived. Interesting fragrance from the YRP, different than the T+S release and aftershave/salve.

Lovely looking razor!

You saving money compared to carts yet?

Nice, a 17 tooth one!
Let me know how it shaves. Most around are the 13 toothed.
Interesting, I didn't know there were different tooth configurations. I've counted mine now, only 13. Do you know if the 17 were earlier, later or made in a different factory?

Status
Not open for further replies.