Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Spring?

Are you sure?

Certainly looking forward to seeing some wonderful pics here post the Charity Auction!

A parcel from @TroyTools will always make your day, today was no exception.

I present to you - Son of Platypus!

15xce3hl.jpg

Using a @Tony Forsyth blank and my Playtpus for inspiration Troy has crafted a wonderful boar brush with a 26mm knot. I cannot wait to give it a run.

The butterscotch handle has had the existing knot removed and hole deepened to accommodate a reknot by another Aussie artisan some time next year.

Feeling very spoilt, the pics do not do it justice...

The deal with @Tony Forsyth was to never use this blank for this handle shape again ever...I guess the memo slipped through the hand over :D:D:D

What a beautiful looking brush - congratulations @Mark1966

OK, let's be clear that this was my request to @TroyTools and I sent him my Platypus to use as a basis for the design - so this is all on me (and I wasn't aware of an deal with Tony)

I called it 'Son of Platypus' as the blanks are similar but not the same as the REAL Platypus.

It really does seem like the month for brushes!

kT8ZLpE.jpg

From left to right.

Oumo 26mm G5

Oumo 28mm Smokey grey (Silksmoke)

Oumo 28mm 'Coffee' (Mew Brown/Synbad)

Oumo 26mm Lotustip Manchuria fan

Handles by Boti brush and WCS Inifinity.

As a side note, there was a lost in translation moment with Boti, since the brush holes came in at exactly 28mm (when I clearly asked them if the handle could accommodate a 28mm knot, they said 'yes'). I'll have to break out the dremel and open them up a bit. They're shallow too, only 13mm deep. I'll see how that effects the loft/backbone of the Oumo synths before deciding if I want to drill it out further.

The Oumo G5 is something else. Fibre spring feels amazing. Like a badger with Tuxedo tips. As it's the only complete brush here, I'll be taking that for spin later.

It really does seem like the month for brushes!

kT8ZLpE.jpg

From left to right.

Oumo 26mm G5

Oumo 28mm Smokey grey (Silksmoke)

Oumo 28mm 'Coffee' (Mew Brown/Synbad)

Oumo 26mm Lotustip Manchuria fan

Handles by Boti brush and WCS Inifinity.

As a side note, there was a lost in translation moment with Boti, since the brush holes came in at exactly 28mm (when I clearly asked them if the handle could accommodate a 28mm knot, they said 'yes'). I'll have to break out the dremel and open them up a bit. They're shallow too, only 13mm deep. I'll see how that effects the loft/backbone of the Oumo synths before deciding if I want to drill it out further.

The Oumo G5 is something else. Fibre spring feels amazing. Like a badger with Tuxedo tips. As it's the only complete brush here, I'll be taking that for spin later.
Nice to see so many synthetics appearing all at once. Your G5 looks like a fan. I'll be interested to hear how you get along with that. I have my eye on the AP Shave Co G5A and B for next year. My only concern is that the fibres are so short, which may give rise to glue bump issues. I do like fans when they work, though.

That infinity handle is stunningly gorgeous. :love:

And my terrible luck with vintage continues. This british rocket hd has a case of the neck crooks. I'm sure it'll shave just fine but man. What did I do to deserve this lol.

It still feels solid though so I doubt it's been disassembled and poorly re-crimped. Just had a bit of a knock.

BSI8BY1.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.