October 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is my birthday and the lady wife bought me an ATT m2 razor with an additional R 2 plate

By sheer luck Aust Post managed to drop it of today.
I love the M 2 and tomorrow will try the R 2,as I only need one razor, yes yes sacrilege I know
The razor is a keeper but more importantly so is she.
@tullfan - I've got the same razor with all plates - you are going to love it!

fbN1eKC.gif

Today is my birthday and the lady wife bought me an ATT m2 razor with an additional R 2 plate

By sheer luck Aust Post managed to drop it of today.
I love the M 2 and tomorrow will try the R 2,as I only need one razor, yes yes sacrilege I know
The razor is a keeper but more importantly so is she.
Happy birthday @tullfan

Happy Birthday @tullfan!

Not shaving related but Pioneer 160 watt 5.1.2 AV Receiver and Pioneer surround speakers arrived today. Still a few weeks wait before I receive the Atmos toppers to finish it off though.
I'm looking at receivers atm, as my old NAD T747 is suffering a long drawn out demise. Thinking I might just fold and grabbing a yammy 683 or 660 from Eastwood. I just don't use the HT as much anymore with kids, and I cbf wasting money to hear Monster Truck Dan in 7 channels lol

I'm looking at receivers atm, as my old NAD T747 is suffering a long drawn out demise. Thinking I might just fold and grabbing a yammy 683 or 660 from Eastwood. I just don't use the HT as much anymore with kids, and I cbf wasting money to hear Monster Truck Dan in 7 channels lol
I got a Pioneer VSX-1131. They are an outgoing model very similar spec to the 683 but very slightly more powerful (Dolby Vision not currently supported but firmware update expected by the end of the year). RRP is higher than the Yammy but got it for a few $ less than Eastwoods is asking for the 683. Got the Pioneer Andrew Jones speaker package for a good price too. Not top of the range speakers but from what I understand they are very solid performers for the price. I got away with it all for what I considered to be a very good price. If you are keen to hear more shoot me a PM on the other social media channel mate.

I have no idea how they perform. But they certainly look purty.

Performance is superb with the Icoloniali and the terracotta bowl it comes in is really nice too.

Sorry but that is the ugliest bowl I have ever seen. It looks plastic!

I could not disagree more, the terracotta bowl looks beautiful.

I got a Pioneer VSX-1131. They are an outgoing model very similar spec to the 683 but very slightly more powerful (Dolby Vision not currently supported but firmware update expected by the end of the year). RRP is higher than the Yammy but got it for a few $ less than Eastwoods is asking for the 683. Got the Pioneer Andrew Jones speaker package for a good price too. Not top of the range speakers but from what I understand they are very solid performers for the price. I got away with it all for what I considered to be a very good price. If you are keen to hear more shoot me a PM on the other social media channel mate.

I roll a Yamaha RV-V683 and Wharfdale Diamond's, I am under instructions from the wife not to rock it too loud, she is scared the Tactical Response Group will storm the house if I am re-visting the classic 'Expendibles' duology or one of the many other action films with a decent level of automatic weapon usage. I sometimes ignore her advice ;)

I roll a Yamaha RV-V683 and Wharfdale Diamond's, I am under instructions from the wife not to rock it too loud, she is scared the Tactical Response Group will storm the house if I am re-visting the classic 'Expendibles' duology or one of the many other action films with a decent level of automatic weapon usage. I sometimes ignore her advice ;)
I was looking at those Wharfdale Diamonds but couldn’t justify the additional outlay. I am sure they are better than the speakers I purchased but the Pioneer Andrew Jones get outstanding reviews and represent excellent value for money IMO.

I was looking at those Wharfdale Diamonds but couldn’t justify the additional outlay. I am sure they are better than the speakers I purchased but the Pioneer Andrew Jones get outstanding reviews and represent excellent value for money IMO.

I tell you what, I was channel flicking one afternoon and caught part of the Motorcycle grand prix in surround, it was that loud and fast I thought you might have been in the area and then I remembered I have that injunction out on you and the bike being 500 meters so it couldn't have been :D

Quick clean and polish. Arrived yesterday but only opened the package tonight.
d31a31d335.png

Karl Engles (Emir) closed comb or safety bar (whatever school of thought you come from). Not mint but in excellent shape. Came with its own vintage blade in place so no idea of its age or when lasted used.
Unfortunately it's not an OC so will have to wait until next month to use it @Sticky :whistle:

Arrived the other day. Soaked, cleaned and all works well. Pretty good condition, though a little plate loss on the bottom of the handle. You were right @Mark1966 , the doors are slightly out of alignment, not much but just enough to niggle. Would it be best to leave as is of is it simple to fix? The teeth, luckily, are all good. Taking it for a run shortly, should be fun.

22219795_1705426756136422_1559601094297463329_o.jpg

Does anyone know how you would use a Keena blade sharpener? It came with the razor.

Arrived the other day. Soaked, cleaned and all works well. Pretty good condition, though a little plate loss on the bottom of the handle. You were right @Mark1966 , the doors are slightly out of alignment, not much but just enough to niggle. Would it be best to leave as is of is it simple to fix? The teeth, luckily, are all good. Taking it for a run shortly, should be fun.

Does anyone know how you would use a Keena blade sharpener? It came with the razor.

Great pickup mate!

The doors can be adjusted by playing with the bars at each end that they pivot on - but it can be fiddly. Sometimes though when you watch the action you can see where one bit has been bent a little and a small tweak with a covered screwdriver will fix it simply - you just need to watch it carefully.

Great pickup mate!

The doors can be adjusted by playing with the bars at each end that they pivot on - but it can be fiddly. Sometimes though when you watch the action you can see where one bit has been bent a little and a small tweak with a covered screwdriver will fix it simply - you just need to watch it carefully.
Thanks mate. I will take a close look and see if a dare to adjust it.

Nice pickup @Sticky - this version is a lovely razor - prob my favourite of the Aristocrats - so well constructed.
I believe the Keena sharpener is just used to hand strop blades, probably for the older, thicker blades. I wouldn't bother with modern SS blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.