October Acquisition Thread

Discussion started by Mark1966, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Nightguard

Nightguard Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Picked up 20 of these today at a local vintage market.

wayne646, Benjamin, Bozley82 and 6 others like this.
  2. UKSteve

UKSteve Member

Wholly Kaw soaps and toners, a couple of sets. I got them Thursday night and sold tonight :cow:

3. sealer

sealer Member

Today i got APR Suitably Attired Australian After splash. Yeah, it rocks for warmer spring and summer. I can even see myself with a casual suit smelling this way along Hobart waterfront with a crowd of women in my back following me, even if I am not australian and I have never wear a suit for... 15 years? :D
    I see it is the old bottle stile and I remember some people mentioned that there could be leak problems. The bottle arrived perfectly packed by The Stray whisker with no leaks, so I wonder if it affected only some of the bottles. I ask because I may well carry it with me at sea or on traveling along islets at Flinders group this summer, and leaking could be an issue to have in mind and fix before doing that
    I got again a sample from Con, in this case APR CdV. As I already own a full tub of it, I will pif it soon to someone else willing to give a trial, probably just next week. I think on my last haul I forgot to mention I got a sample of wolfpac "ice pack". I have never been a too menthol guy and this soap looks like it is, so I have not tried yet because i need a much warmer weather. I may enjoy or not mentholed soaps, but never thought about buying one because they looks not of my taste. So hands up because I got a chance to use one and maybe start to like/love them, but definitely I need warmer weather :)
    Have nice hauls this month. I don't think i will buy anything else this month, at least till the 20th maybe :sneaky:

Greenpike, Benjamin, Mark1966 and 5 others like this.
  4. todras

todras est Français pour après-rasage Menth Dealer Artisan Producer

Oh Yeah :cool:

There was one small batch of bottles with issues (8 or 9 bottles), they had a tamper proof collar on them - I ditched them due to the problems and went to the clear bottles in the old style rather than the frosted as they have no issues whatsoever :)

Korbz, sealer and lerenau like this.
  5. Greenpike

Greenpike Member

[​IMG]
    Vintage aftershaves are addictive. Now have real Old Spice and then Avon Tai Winds, Wild Country and Deep Woods. All for not much at all from the bay.

Such class.

wayne646, Bozley82, todras and 6 others like this.
  6. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Active Member Grand Society 2017 Sabbatical Fail

@Greenpike don't shoot!!
    [​IMG]

RustyBlade likes this.
  7. UKSteve

UKSteve Member

[​IMG]
    450ml of Dior Leather Oud EdP

DrBob, Benjamin, cranky and 5 others like this.
  8. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

That is bordering on obscene! (in a I'm jealous kinda way!)

SpeedyPC and Bozley82 like this.
  9. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Active Member Grand Society 2017 Sabbatical Fail

Mail call:- from the stray whisker today... I cannot get my head around this strange scent, I can smell lavender which is pretty strong, trouble is I can't smell lime & cedarwood or something woody in a strange way anybody got this shaving soap and how do you subscribe this scent or smell when you open the lid.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  10. Ferret619

Ferret619 Member

Sharp dressed man soap and balm.
    I’m a happy camper

11. Nightguard

Nightguard Member

Just picked up an Eclipse Red Ring at a local vintage market.

Benjamin, todras, Normie and 7 others like this.
  12. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

WOW - that is an amazing find 'in the wild' I never used to find much at all :(

Nightguard likes this.
  13. Nightguard

Nightguard Member

I was very surprised myself. And at only $15.00 it was an absolute steal.

Ferret619 and FluffyGroodle like this.
  14. Mark1966

Well thanks for rubbing it in - congrats!

Normie and Nightguard like this.
  15. Ferret619

Ferret619 Member

Great pickup, welcome to the club

RustyBlade likes this.
  16. Mark1966

That is just sensational! Well done mate

RustyBlade and Nightguard like this.
  17. alfredus

alfredus organises many group buys State Convenor - SA Group Buy Caporegime

Probably the best looking leather case of a Red Ring I've ever seen - congratulations (y)(y)(y)

RustyBlade, todras and Nightguard like this.
  18. todras

todras est Français pour après-rasage Menth Dealer Artisan Producer

[​IMG]

Winter 2018 preparations are going very well indeed :)

L&L Grooming Darkfall EDP

Greenpike, sealer, alfredus and 6 others like this.