October 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LcgfQ7G.jpg

Winter 2018 preparations are going very well indeed :)

L&L Grooming Darkfall EDP
Excellent presentation. (y)

Ellis Miller is the designer, he does the AP Reserve and Chatillon Lux designs along with the /r/wetshaving LE stuff among other things.
That's amazing. Thanks for the info. I love background details like that!

pMGiIOe.jpg

Declaration Brushworks 'Franklin' 30mm. The handle colour in the flesh is just exceptional as is the finish.

I suspect I may acquire a couple of the others in the collection :)
Congratulations!

30mm sounds like a truly monstrous and well over the top size though. I would proceed with caution if I were you. 21mm sounds more like a reasonable gentlemanly knot size.

In all seriousness the bloom on my 24mm declaration is quite reasonable so I can only imagine what the bloom on this knot is going to be like!

Congratulations!

30mm sounds like a truly monstrous and well over the top size though. I would proceed with caution if I were you. 21mm sounds more like a reasonable gentlemanly knot size.

In all seriousness the bloom on my 24mm declaration is quite reasonable so I can only imagine what the bloom on this knot is going to be like!

I almost asphyxiated myself holding it up to my face, so I will heed your warning :)

:eek:

Would that have been a 'valuable antiseptic'?

Recent Johnson & Johnson $100m action in the US relating to talc exposure, nothing conclusive has been established from my reading of the literature still it pays to be prudent, particularly with a vintage product.

pMGiIOe.jpg

Declaration Brushworks 'Franklin' 30mm. The handle colour in the flesh is just exceptional as is the finish.

I suspect I may acquire a couple of the others in the collection :)
Wonderful - congratulations (y)(y)(y)

Recent Johnson & Johnson $100m action in the US relating to talc exposure, nothing conclusive has been established from my reading of the literature still it pays to be prudent, particularly with a vintage product.

This is Yardley! From 33 Old Bond Street!

This is no fly by night multi-national conglomerate we are talking about.

I mean, this was a product for gentlemen :)

QT7XvKD.jpg

A very rare acquisition from the recent CL meetup in STL. These were only handed out in person to those at the meetup,
a friend of mine in the US fortunately had a spare for me:)

Q8NgH1u.jpg

Fern with it's uncanny fragrance similarity to General Ledger, and a soap I have wanted a while now from a fellow artisan in NL - at 75g to a tub it's expensive, but from what I read the performance is excellent. The bloody tin is dented which is a bit irritating but there you go, no major issues and I think the artwork is fantastic. A bit of a mixed bag on the fragrance to be honest, ill see how it goes when lathered.

A 1912 Radio. In great condition though the box is a little shabby. I thought it may not be the original box as it is marked Gem on the outside, Ever Ready USA on the inside and contains an English made Radio. Having Googled about I have discovered at least one other person has the same mix so maybe it is original

22499031_1717324464946651_5281798633506090974_o.jpg

Mail Call:- Today I've received 2 Gem Micromatic Eye Bullet Tip the flying wing from 1947, however the Gold GEM is in fantastic condition and doesn't need replating and the door open and close is very smooth with the bottom turning dial.

The chrome (silver) GEM will be replating very soon in nickel next year in 2018 when I send this to Dave in NZ, while I'm waiting on the GEM Personna coated blades from Connaught Shaving in UK very soon I'll be shaving with the Gold Micromatic Eye Bullet Tip. I'm so glad the Bullet Tip hunting season is over it's been a long time for me to get these in great condition, and I'm going to keep these until I'm dead so I can pass this on to my youngest cousin in my family...... see below
m0126.gif

dvPPyHS.jpg
fPmUoFl.jpg
Yb8zN07.jpg
3Q6oXKz.jpg
jJpIO8B.jpg
qnDetpR.jpg
TSoWuKW.jpg
JunOwqx.jpg

Last edited:
Mail Call:- Today I've received 2 Gem Micromatic Eye Bullet Tip the flying wing from 1947, however the Gold GEM is in fantastic condition and doesn't need replating and the door open and close is very smooth with the bottom turning dial.

The chrome (silver) GEM will be replating very soon in nickel next year in 2018 when I send this to Dave in NZ, while I'm waiting on the GEM Personna coated blades from Connaught Shaving in UK very soon I'll be shaving with the Gold Micromatic Eye Bullet Tip. I'm so glad the Bullet Tip hunting season is over it's been a long time for me to get these in great condition, and I'm going to keep these until I'm dead so I can pass this on to my youngest cousin in my family...... see below
m0126.gif

dvPPyHS.jpg
fPmUoFl.jpg
Yb8zN07.jpg
3Q6oXKz.jpg
jJpIO8B.jpg
qnDetpR.jpg
TSoWuKW.jpg
JunOwqx.jpg
Very nice @SpeedyPC ! That gold one is perfect! Looking forward to hearing how you like them once your blades arrive - if you would like me to send you a few blades while you're waiting ...shoot me a PM (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.