• Shave Shed

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Man's shave retreat

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Shave Cave

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Shave Lair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australian Razor Supply Enclave (or its acronym)

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Shave Burrow

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Shave Dunny

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Taking up the challenge ignited by @the_shaving_sailor and really kicked off by @Sxot and encouraged by @beerhog the question is - What is the "Official" Australian term for a 'shave den'?

As we try to retain the Australia vernacular we have had suggestions of:

Bathroom - @Nightguard
Shave billabong - @Snooze
Shave Deno - @Sticky
Shave Shed - @Dale.Whiley
Man's shave retreat - @cranky
Shave cave - @Snooze
Shave Lair - @Snooze
Australian Razor Supply Enclave (or its acronym) - @Sticky
Shave Burow - @Monsta_AU

So what will you vote for - or maybe you have another idea. If you think you have a better option post below, I think I can expand the poll.

You can change your vote if another better entry is made. The poll closes in 7 days, at which time I think we will know, beyond any doubt, what the "Official" Australian term is for a 'shave den'

Last edited by a moderator:
Shave Den means, Men who has so many wet shaving gear piled up in one bathroom where there wives keep on complaining to their husband "Dear do you really need all that stuff piled up in our bathroom, how many more aftershaves, shaving soaps, brushes and razors do you really need" and how much money have you been wasting on our credit card bill.

Billabong is the only Australian word, with deno a possible second...

Anyway just from a linguistic point of view, it has to be billabong :D

Loved arse (that sounds wrong) and Shane deno as very Aussie.
End of day, man's shave retreat wins for me as a state of mind, could be around a camp fire, back shed, bathroom, hiding in cupboard after post arrives or hotel room.

I like ARSE

@Spencer Frankel are you referring to your pet dog name :p:smuggrin:

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Shave Den means, Men who has so many wet shaving gear piled up in one bathroom where there wives keep on complaining to their husband "Dear do you really need all that stuff piled up in our bathroom, how many more aftershaves, shaving soaps, brushes and razors do you really need" and how much money have you been wasting on our credit card bill.
Or in your case, your mum

@eggbert my mother knows I have a wet shaving hobby and she not complaining as long as all my wet shaving gear stay out of the small tight bathroom in the same house, all my wet shaving gear is in my bedroom on a bookshelves and all my soaps are in a footlocker.

Another couple of options added folks - remember the old adage, vote early and vote often!

Bathroom, my house was built about 70 years ago and there was no space allocated for a shave shed, a shave cave or any other crap American expression. My home has one "bathroom" which is not the "toilet" and a number allocation system hence why I shave at night.

I only thought that ---- right :)