Official P&C rambling thread

pablo_h

Good work in starting threads in the section.
If ever someone has questions it's good to link them to well written posts in this section.
Strange the 'Doctor's office' is empty on questions at the moment...

I thought some of you guys would have some pull from WP, OCAU, B&B etc ;)
Don't look at me, I hardly post at those places anymore :huh:

And does tieste post on OCAU or WP? I don't think so :cool:

:weird:

edit: People who post in the other places should tell guys they had two choices, go to forums talking about scrubbing bubbles and barbicide to discuss the topic, or come visit here for local information.

Last edited:
edit: People who post in the other places should tell guys they had two choices, go to forums talking about scrubbing bubbles and barbicide to discuss the topic, or come visit here for local information.

I still drop the odd post in at B&B, but as you suggest, it tends to confirm a lot of the stereotypes about US insularism - everything revolves around what's in the US.

It's also a bit of a hype machine, which leads to a lot up one-up and keep-upmanship. But I've found all large forums are like that, regardless of topic.

I still drop the odd post in at B&B, but as you suggest, it tends to confirm a lot of the stereotypes about US insularism - everything revolves around what's in the US.

It's also a bit of a hype machine, which leads to a lot up one-up and keep-upmanship. But I've found all large forums are like that, regardless of topic.

But...
We don't use the term 'gentlemen' enough here!

Least the mod that got me pissed off at B&B has been caught out and banned.

......and the story about the mod.

thirdeye or real name Ray.
Ran a shop "gentlemans best' - hey there's that 'gentleman' thing again :), sold a lot of stuff.
I bought a lot of razors (edit: lot: one of bundle, not multiples of many individual transactions), from him on ebay (banned there too, but I'm the only buyer leaving a neg - so that's weird). Anyway, only bought a bunch on useless razors on ebay from him for the one NEW deluxe*, and that razor didn't ever arrive, so I paid $66 odd for a lot of 9 razors, only got 8 junk razors, missing #9 which was the one I wanted.

Anyway, he ripped a lot of people off on B&B
Gentleman's Best, B&B and Unfulfilled Orders... - Badger & Blade
And got banned.

Don't know what is up with him, and I suppose the 'gentleman' thing ties is well. Such a veneer of formality. Though I suppose many people are like that, fake civility only to rip you off. I rather honesty, and up front normal people, not fake formal relations.

* still want a goddamn NEW deluxe!

Last edited:
A moderator getting banned. That's bad. Still, the stuff I've bought off people there has been good, priced fairly and dealing with them was a pleasant experience.

Okay, creating this thread to be a place to dump off-topic but still useful posts.

Here is my dumb question for the day. Where do we start threads that are not shaving related at all e.g. current affairs, sport etc??

So this is where it is. I've been posting in CTD all this time, not knowing this thread was here in the off-licence sub forum.
Meh, I'm going to have a drink.

Maccas midland forgot my chicken wings.
Every couple months the Mrs makes me go there and they stuff something up.

Last edited by a moderator: