Review Ogallala bay rum opinions

Spawnless

Hey guys,

I've been doing a bit of research into bay rum A/S's and it seems that ogallala is the way to go. I've seen the pack that had a heap of different samples, but it's sold out. What scents do you guys recommend if I have to end up shelling out for a big bottle or two?

Thanks
Adam

I ordered the Bay Rum, Limes and Peppercorns soap and the splash just the other day after reading a fair few reviews on the particular scent. I have not as yet received or used them, but I know a couple of others here have and they say that the scent and performance is good.

I wanted that sampler pack myself, I was very disappointed that it sold out because it would be a great way of trying the entire range looking for something that really stands out.

In my experience (have not had any on-hand; or on-face, for over 12 months - wish I wasn't so tight), splash in on in the morning, go to church, have lunch, go out to work mid-afternoon and the scent "re-activates" with a bit of body warmth/movement hours later. I've got a big wrap for this scent and @borked gives it more praise than me.

Its longevity depends upon how active you are.
Send bayrum.com.au an email or find their username here and ask when their next batch is due.
Is definitely bay rum weather :)

Where do you get Ogallala?
bayrum.com.au is where I got mine, they stock a bunch of different Bayrum products, quite a good site in that regard.

Its longevity depends upon how active you are.
Send bayrum.com.au an email or find their username here and ask when their next batch is due.
Is definitely bay rum weather :)

Sure is, I find myself running with a bay rum soap, balm at least 2 or 3 times a week at this time of year. I know some people say it's an old mans scent but tbh I could not care less. The varieties of bay rum have dramatically improved in recent years with a lot more nuance and top notes being added which has really worked well in a majority of cases.

@todras sadly I qualify very high on the tight ar#e scale so the likelihood of me spending money on spec for alcohol and pretty smells is rather low. :)

Hmmmm

Must get you a sample then ;)

Hey - Happy shaving :)

So is the consensus lime and peppercorns? Might have to talk the missus into an early Father's Day pressie

Last edited by a moderator:
So is the consensus lime and peppercorns? Might have to talk the missus into an early Father's Day pressie
Personal taste, yet is my favourite :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up that the 'Bonanza' aftershave/splash sample packs appear to be back in stock at bayrum.com.au for $49.95

Was it TP&CTB1 or TP&CTB2 that held some samples of Ogallala?

I really wanted to like it but couldn't.