Omega Boar knot base cracks.

Ckoerntjes

Anyone ever seen cracks like these before? Theres two at this point.

At the moment they seem purely cosmetic. Any idea what might have caused them? I will freely admit to treating him with a little disrespect (eg. Dumping the whole brush in the sink to soak). Are they likely to have been caused by the knot expansion? Any speculation on the longevity of the brush?

Anyone ever seen cracks like these before? Theres two at this point.

At the moment they seem purely cosmetic. Any idea what might have caused them? I will freely admit to treating him with a little disrespect (eg. Dumping the whole brush in the sink to soak). Are they likely to have been caused by the knot expansion? Any speculation on the longevity of the brush?

I have an identical collar on my Zenith boar brush which has cracked the same. It's been like that for a while and doesn't affect the brush performance in any noticeable way, unless the collar fell right out then that would affect the splay. I doubt it will affect the longevity of the brush. The brush that is affected also has cracks in the plastic handle so I bought a metal handled replacement some time back but the original just keeps on keeping on. :)

I have an identical collar on my Zenith boar brush which has cracked the same. It's been like that for a while and doesn't affect the brush performance in any noticeable way, unless the collar fell right out then that would affect the splay. I doubt it will affect the longevity of the brush. The brush that is affected also has cracks in the plastic handle so I bought a metal handled replacement some time back but the original just keeps on keeping on. :)

Good to hear, looks like I won't need to replace him in the near future then 😭.