"One Blade/OneRazor/One Soap in February" Challenge

I have a feeling I have made this unduly hard for myself due to forgetfulness.
I forgot to swap out the vintage Personna blade that was in the slim after my last January shave. No idea how many shaves it has on it, as it already lasted all of January.
However, due to sickness I have only bothered to shave twice so far this month so I reckon I still have this in the bag.

@Nightguard I think I might be on the same batch of Vintage Personna's as you as I think this particular pack came from a purchase I made from you many moons ago.

I forgot to swap out the vintage Personna blade that was in the slim after my last January shave. No idea how many shaves it has on it, as it already lasted all of January.
However, due to sickness I have only bothered to shave twice so far this month so I reckon I still have this in the bag.

@Nightguard I think I might be on the same batch of Vintage Personna's as you as I think this particular pack came from a purchase I made from you many moons ago.
If so, great blade choice. I'll find a picture later and see.

One of these?
0FsaaaBl.jpg

Gone is the singing as the blade glides through the beard; replaced by a bearly audible mumble as the Polsilver slices its way through two days growth. There is no doubt the Polsilver is becoming dull but at this time there is nothing to indicate that it will not last another five shaves. I will probably not appreciate how dull the blade is till I use a new blade in another razor next month. Other than the boring side with a lack of variety the B1 slant, brush and shaving soap are functioning impeccably.

If it's any consolation, after nearly 2 months my Vintage Personna is starting to feel almost as bad as a Derby.
2 months but how many shaves?
I’m 20 in on the derby, just sayn

:D

That has got to be just brutal, Derby's are average on a good day.
Personally I find them to just smooth out and become ineffective so you just do a few extra passes.
To be honest you do need to ensure your lather is good.

Very impressed by you guys sticking by this.

As an encouragement to the last 'mile' - anybody who does this and has posted in the SOTD thread to that effect I will send some lovely vintage blade to :)

Hang in there guys, there is a reward!

21 shaves in with the Derby and its still sharp enough to slice paper but useless against my beard growth. I'll give it one or two more shaves and happily try another blade from next month. On the plus side it hasn't bitten me yet but I put that mainly down to the 6S and R4 plate - super smooth everytime :cigar:

I'm not an everyday shaver (every 2 to 3 days depending on my work diary) but great effort so far getting up to over 20 shaves for you super keen gents ~ hats off to you all!

TBH I feel a bit guilty using a nice thick SE blade at less than half the regularity of you guys, won't have the same sense of achievement at the end of the month.... but i can certainly sympathise with the "lack of variety" feelings and am absolutely looking forwards to changing it up in March!

I'm not an everyday shaver (every 2 to 3 days depending on my work diary) but great effort so far getting up to over 20 shaves for you super keen gents ~ hats off to you all!

TBH I feel a bit guilty using a nice thick SE blade at less than half the regularity of you guys, won't have the same sense of achievement at the end of the month.... but i can certainly sympathise with the "lack of variety" feelings and am absolutely looking forwards to changing it up in March!
Can't agree with you enough @Scotty as I normally don't shave everyday due to work and seeing as my beard growth is so strong - shaving everyday has resulted in uncomfortable and inefficient shaves from a dull blade. If I could have my time again then I would still use the same set up but maybe shave every 2nd to 3rd day. By shave 12/13 the Derby became smooth but very inefficient for my beard even when shaving 3 passes everyday. Still a great learning experience and can't wait for March so I can mix up my shaves :happy: