Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
'cause if you are going to be paying Rolex prices for a watch you want to be paying these prices for a razor!

Gillette Bottom Dial 5 Position Prototype Safety Razor Pair

They truly are "ultra rare". I love the way that people on some FB groups are criticising the seller (a well known collector with an incredible website) for not putting a more detailed description - I mean, as if the description is the reason you will be buying these!

Calling @Rami :)

Man, that’s a rabbit hole I do not wish to get into.

I don’t know, but these have some parallels with the vintage Rolex market. Highly esoteric, somewhat speculative, and need a lot of knowledge to work out the gold from the brass.

me, I would rather stick with the wolfman, modern, limited numbers with decent resell value. Much like some of the modern Rolex’s it seems.

Last edited:
And yet quite cheap when compared to many Rolex

is it?

so here is a story, in 2017 to celebrate a job milestone I went looking for a Rolex, long story short I got a 2007 gmt Pepsi.

I liked it but it felt flimsy next to my modern tag. So after some thought I sold it late last year. For the same money I bought it at with no trouble.

now how much did it really cost me?

Took the exact same $ and put it in a DJ. Much sturdier, look shmick and I can’t wear it every day ( kahounas too small 😅), but it makes me happy on the occasions I do wear it. Is the money better off in the bank, probably, but I can sell it for little loss and have access in case of emergency

I am unlikely to venture into ultra expensive watches, but if I can afford it and find one ( not easy by any stretch of the imagination) a modern steel sport Rolex for everyday wear would be nice

is it?

so here is a story, in 2017 to celebrate a job milestone I went looking for a Rolex, long story short I got a 2007 gmt Pepsi.

I liked it but it felt flimsy next to my modern tag. So after some thought I sold it late last year. For the same money I bought it at with no trouble.

now how much did it really cost me?

Took the exact same $ and put it in a DJ. Much sturdier, look shmick and I can’t wear it every day ( kahounas too small 😅), but it makes me happy on the occasions I do wear it. Is the money better off in the bank, probably, but I can sell it for little loss and have access in case of emergency

I am unlikely to venture into ultra expensive watches, but if I can afford it and find one ( not easy by any stretch of the imagination) a steel sport Rolex for everyday wear would be nice
There are many below the razors cost but there are many many above it, not gonna lie the DJ is a much nicer watch than the GMT IMHO.

but hey, cheapest Pepsi 07 GMT is more than the razors..
https://www.chrono24.com.au/rolex/gmt-master-ii-pepsi-16700-blro--id14763953.htm

Your point being?
there are many cars more expensive than the Rolex, now what would have I gotten if I spent my bonus in 2017 and upgraded the car?
Not talking about you- I’m speaking generally to speedys amazement at the cost of watches.

Your point being?
there are many cars more expensive than the Rolex, now what would have I gotten if I spent my bonus in 2017 and upgraded the car?
giphy.gif

:vomit: Not my style, colour and price.... excuse me while I’m going to FART :mooning::bucktooth: out loud
Sounds like the sort of thing you would do... not upholding the image of the Rolex brand.

Not talking about you- I’m speaking generally to speedys amazement at the cost of watches.

it’s jewellery for men. Not too hard to explain ;)

Indian chiefs had their beads, Arab merchants had their jewelled dagger, and the modern man have their watch.

my second ever paycheque out of uni I spent on a watch, it meant to me that I am no longer dependent on the parents and can afford my own luxury. So watches are understandable,
Razors on the other hand.