Options for buying AC blades?

Razor Burn

President of the TF Custom Brushes Fan Club
Grand Society
Da Menth Heads
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Greetings all,

With the disruptions to postal services can anybody recommend some places where a guy can stock up on some AC blades?

I've scoured the threads and have an idea on what I'd need - Schick Prolines, Feathers, Kai Titan, etc but unsure where to look for locally or overseas that is available to ship to AUS at a decent price?

Also, I see bulk Schick p-30 blades being sold via Japan for 30 x 100 under $200AUD on evilbay but has anybody got experience buying from Japan as happy to wait as by all accounts the blades shave well...?

Any suggestions for a newbie is greatly appreciated!

Thewetshavingco is where I bought my Kai blades. They also have Schick Prolines but are currently sold out. I messaged David a few weeks ago and he replied that they’ll be back sometime in November.

Delivery time was 4 days and they have free shipping on orders over $45.

Last edited:
Thanks heaps for the link as never heard of them before and they stock a good range! (y)

I got 2 packs of Schick P-30’s from Connaughts for about $55 posted. I also grabbed a pack of Kai’s and Feather Pros from the wet shaving co.
Im really loving the Kai PINK right now, but if I wanted to go the schick path I’ll get one of those bulk packs from eBay. Probably be a year away in any event.

Greetings all,

With the disruptions to postal services can anybody recommend some places where a guy can stock up on some AC blades?

I've scoured the threads and have an idea on what I'd need - Schick Prolines, Feathers, Kai Titan, etc but unsure where to look for locally or overseas that is available to ship to AUS at a decent price?

Also, I see bulk Schick p-30 blades being sold via Japan for 30 x 100 under $200AUD on evilbay but has anybody got experience buying from Japan as happy to wait as by all accounts the blades shave well...?

Any suggestions for a newbie is greatly appreciated!

I have about 600 prolines left. Pm what your after

I got 2 packs of Schick P-30’s from Connaughts for about $55 posted. I also grabbed a pack of Kai’s and Feather Pros from the wet shaving co.
Im really loving the Kai PINK right now, but if I wanted to go the schick path I’ll get one of those bulk packs from eBay. Probably be a year away in any event.
Its been years since I purchased from Connaughts but a ggod price for 2 packs.
I'll have to keep the Kai PINK's in mind, cheers (y)

Another vote for Connaughts, they have a good range and give great service. And postage was surprisingly fast last time I used them. The wet shaving co is also great, and if you ask them, they'll give a good discount for bulk purchases.

I was on the fence for ages between Kai PINK and Prolines for the Vector, but have settled on Prolines. They give me the smoothest shave. Some people compare them to Polsilvers, but IMO they're much, much better.

I have about 600 prolines left. Pm what your after
By way of reference and comparison with DE usage, 600 Prolines would last me over 11½ years with the Vector. (Face+head daily.) DE blades would last me about half that, with the same shave routine. I could push my blades further, but I'm not Scrooge. I'm here for a good time, not a long one.

Thanks again gents on the assistance given. (y)

Last edited:
The main source of Schick Proline AC blades before Covid was Rakuten.

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/rakuten/search/Schick+proline/-/lgk-rakt_search

Then Covid struck and Rakuten closed for international sales. You used to be able to get 300 Prolines for around $120 - $130 including shipping + no GST.

Covid :mad::mad::mad:
Thanks for the link as I read on another forum that they had shut down last year? $110 AUD for 300 Prolines blades is not bad so wonder how long it'll take to arrive from Japan...?

That's cheaper than whats available via evilbay as I found 30 x 10 for around $200 AUD. (n)

I'll look to grab a few boxes off you to tide me over (y)

Last edited:
Thanks for the link as I read on another forum that they had shut down last year?

That's cheaper than whats available via evilbay as I found 30 x 10 for around $200 AUD. (n)

I'll look to grab a few boxes off you to tide me over (y)

Rakuten is still operating, only for the domestic Japenese market.

No problems I will meet your request good sir.

Rakuten is still operating, only for the domestic Japenese market.

No problems I will meet your request good sir.
Well I paid with Paypal so covered if they don't fulfill my order :facepalm:

You're a true gent offering to sort us out, cheers!

I had a quick prowl through Ali.
Found these so far...but they are labelled on the box as Kai, yet description further down says Feather (?)
I'm guessing they are a Chinese copy (maybe?).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003172509512.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.909f47c5FIzRoX&algo_pvid=c730e42a-2798-4881-b8ed-6d0070d14155&algo_exp_id=c730e42a-2798-4881-b8ed-6d0070d14155-0&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"12000024484973898"}
I’ve never trusted Chinese blades in a million years and I would steer bloody clear, if, I were you Horse.

I had a quick prowl through Ali.
Found these so far...but they are labelled on the box as Kai, yet description further down says Feather (?)
I'm guessing they are a Chinese copy (maybe?).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003172509512.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.909f47c5FIzRoX&algo_pvid=c730e42a-2798-4881-b8ed-6d0070d14155&algo_exp_id=c730e42a-2798-4881-b8ed-6d0070d14155-0&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"12000024484973898"}

Stay the hell away from them!
These are knockoffs of Kai's not the genuine item.

Stay the hell away from them!
These are knockoffs of Kai's not the genuine item.
👆👆👆 What he said. The individual blades look distinctly different from the real thing (no notch cut out for the injector loader). You'd be better off with the Chinese No-Names, and I'll send some of those free to anyone who wants them. I think I've got around 60 or 70 left.