Other Pursuits

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Is wet shaving your expensive pursuit to do you have other hobbies that tie up your time and money?

For me it's music and guitars specifically, currently I have;
2015 PRS A10e Accoustic
1970s Takamine F340
? Taylor 214ce-k DLX
? Maton EBG808 micheal fix
1950s parlor (I'm restoring this)
? Fender jazz bass
? Random stratocaster

Plus a few other less notable items and I'm always looking for more :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Photography! Surely in the world's top ten of money pits! And knives... but I make most of them... but not as many as I used to! And hunting and shooting. Used to be a keen bowhunter have given it up. but to old no to draw a bow to more than 30lb. Got a couple rabbits recently with longbow. Getting harder to find now, our cat kills them all!

Last edited:
Photography! Surely in the world's top ten of money pits! And knives... but I make most of them... but not as many as I used to! And hunting and shooting. Used to be a keen bowhunter have given it up. but to old no to draw a bow to more than 30lb. Got a couple rabbits recently with longbow. Getting harder to find now, our cat kills them all!
No way! I used to make long bows!
Ive built up to an 80lb warbow with a 33" draw.
You have to show me some of your knives, I carry a small spyderco for work

Guitars and especially effects pedals used to be mine, but I haven't spent any cash on any music gear for years. Once I got out of the forum scene and the constant clamoring from one flavour of the month pedal to the next (hmm, sound familiar?) and stopped playing out the GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) faded and now I'm cured!

Guitars and especially effects pedals used to be mine, but I haven't spent any cash on any music gear for years. Once I got out of the forum scene and the constant clamoring from one flavour of the month pedal to the next (hmm, sound familiar?) and stopped playing out the GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) faded and now I'm cured!
Honestly I've never bought a pedal, I want a looper but other than that meh I'm pretty happy.

Im a homebrewer and home distiller and that soaks up a lot of cash in stainless steel and gadgets to keep improving the final product. My really expensive hobby though is shooting.rifle and shotgun aquisition disorder gets expensive real fast and just a quick range session or day on the clays adds up quick too.

Im a homebrewer and home distiller and that soaks up a lot of cash in stainless steel and gadgets to keep improving the final product. My really expensive hobby though is shooting.rifle and shotgun aquisition disorder gets expensive real fast and just a quick range session or day on the clays adds up quick too.

Yes!!! Having to buy more and larger firearm safes to accommodate the growing number of weapons tends to soak up cash pretty quickly, too!

Not a terribly good photo but you get the idea.....

LljrRUJ.jpg