Other Pursuits

I used to have a Kwaka 600 ZZR, but I'd have killed myself if I'd kept it...

I play guitar - have an LP copy, a custom Telecaster (retired dude in QLD made for me for parts cost...) with dual P90s, as no one makes these in left hand. Sigma acoustic.
One of my boys has been playing hockey since 7. I Just started over 40s hockey and may survive the season. We're averaging one sending off a game...

I got 3 kids, so apart from drinking, that's all I got time for, and it's even hard to get on the guitar

This is from 2005 - the last time I managed to get most of the stuff (without CD's) into one room...

kGf4lXS.jpg

One of my most priced items :D :D :D

TB31cli.jpg

And yes it does actually work:

I9zSQtn.jpg

This is from 2005 - the last time I managed to get most of the stuff (without CD's) into one room...

kGf4lXS.jpg

TB31cli.jpg

I9zSQtn.jpg
Please PIF me Metallica toast, it looks delicious!
Do they have licensed butter?

I have about 60 chainsaws dating back to early 50's , I maybe considered a collector or perhaps just crazy.. :D

I have had a Solo Rex, a couple of Huskies and the odd Stihl or two most of which have driven me crazy! Oh... and an ancient blue coloured Southern Cross with a 48" bar (it might have been bigger) which I ended up donating to a local historical society museum. They already had a matching two-man Southern Cross. Stihl got a Farm Boss. (pun intended!)

I forgot a couple of McCullochs several years ago. Bought them at a clearing sale. One worked really well..... the other may well hve been the original trigger for my PTSD! Don't tell DVA that, though! I bought the old Southern Cross at a clearing sale at Manilla, NSW. I was facinated by the engine. Got it running and it was good at cutting horizontal fallen tree trunks & logs but a mongrel to use vertically felling trees etc. Too heavy to hold up for more than a few minutes. In any event, the chain channel on the bar was very worn with no hope of finding a new one.

I've never heard of a Southern Cross chainsaw, I'm guessing It's a re badged UK made Danham, I have about a dozen McCullochs.
The Solo Rex I have nightmares about starting those, they have a nasty kickback, here's one I restored for a friend.
For firewood my go to saws are Huskies.

The Southern Cross was made in Australia, hence the name. I must say they looked fairly primitive... but so did my Solos. My last Husqvarna was an absolute lemon. The previous one was great. But the second one had everything go wrong that a chainsaw could have go wrong! Which is why I went back to Stihls... the rebate cashback deal helped a bit, too!

Very colourful, Mate! And the Solo kickback........ how could I have forgotten that?!? At least one of my Solos was red/yellow, as I recall. They were hard to start but ran fairly well when/if you got the mongrels running!

Last edited:

kGf4lXS.jpg

TB31cli.jpg

I9zSQtn.jpg
I never would have pinned you as a Metallica fan. Good taste, have a couple of albums myself. What's your favourite?

I never would have pinned you as a Metallica fan. Good taste, have a couple of albums myself. What's your favourite?
Thank you sir!
Ride The Lightning

I've seen them now 55 times and plan on 7 more in October/November...

Thank you sir!
Ride The Lightning

I've seen them now 55 times and plan on 7 more in October/November...
Nice. I don't think they are coming here this year, are they?

Nice. I don't think they are coming here this year, are they?
Nope - definitely not. Saw them in Asia in Jan (Beijing, Hong Kong & Singapore) - currently they are doing an outdoor US stadium tour and then they head to Europe for an indoors tour. Dates have been announced until April 2018 - so I don't see them here any time before our spring 2018 - maybe even later...