Oumo AliExpress soap range

It looks like The Wet Shaving Co is going to stock them.

Not quite sold on "Smoking Monster" as a brand name though. :LOL:

I went for a look.
Interesting soap...with tallow!
https://oumobrush.aliexpress.com/st...0o.store_pc_promotion.pcShopHead_90662585.1_5

Warning: It contains 1.2 Hexanediol which a quick read online found this...
https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/1_2-Hexanediol

H315 (36.47%): Causes skin irritation [Warning Skin corrosion/irritation]

H319 (100%): Causes serious eye irritation [Warning Serious eye damage/eye irritation]

H335 (31.76%): May cause respiratory irritation [Warning Specific target organ toxicity, single exposure; Respiratory tract irritation]

Is there a chemist in the house to decipher this?
Why would you use this in a shaving soap?
Seems it is used in ink toners though!!!
I will stick to local made thanks.

Last edited:
1.2 Hexanediol is a common ingredient in skin products as a skin hydrator as it's very moisturising.
Really? Wow, I had no idea.
Mind you, I'm no chemist...but I've never seen that listed in a shave soap before (unless it goes under another name then?).
Thanks @Nanook I'm always learning something new on here.

Just going off the ingredients, it's going to be quite slick and hydrating as there's a lot going on in it. I definitely think it would be worth a try.

Supposed to be good soap. The soap is made by a Chinese artisan and is sold through Oumo but it is not an Oumo product, unlike the soaps made by MSC being sold as YAQI soaps. Couldn't tell you who the artisan is other than they call themselves Smoking Monster

Just when @SpeedyPC thought it was over...

These appeared on my Insta feed this morning. Chinese soaps with western fragrance apparently.

At least we know China shipping is still up and running unlike USPS.
giphy.gif

Has anyone tried this soap yet? It's still not available at The Wet Shave Co. but it is on Aliexpress. I've been very tempted to buy a tub but was interested to see if anyone here has used it.

I think i will buy a tub to try it out as well. Aliexpress is one of the few places with affordable shipping to Singapore so it's great finding decent soaps on there. Not much luck with razors/brushes though (stuff turned out to be low quality).

Has anyone tried this soap yet? It's still not available at The Wet Shave Co. but it is on Aliexpress. I've been very tempted to buy a tub but was interested to see if anyone here has used it.
I tried it and it's definately good...much better than Proraso red at the same price. Give it a try.