P&C Bowhunters

Gimli

Are there any bowhunters within the ranks here at P&C?

Finally pulled my finger out and ordered a new bow, a 2020 Hoyt REDWRX Carbon RX-4 Turbo as below (same color option too). Although with the lockdowns going the way they are, I won't be able to give it a good workout for a while unfortunately. Might pan out that I'll end up back east hopefully end of year, depending how this coronavirus situation is by then

MwoRPaS.jpg

Replaces my 2016 Bowtech Fuel and also my 2018 Mathews Halon 32 6

X5Xic8Q.jpg

Wouldn't mind putting a crossbow in the collection but unfortunately WA law prohibits this.

Where the hunters at?!

Nice bow, been promising to get something similar for myself. I haven’t used my bow in ages, an old Hoyt recurve. When I was shooting I finger released, now I’m told it is all trigger release and I don’t know how I’d go with that.

Nice bow, been promising to get something similar for myself. I haven’t used my bow in ages, an old Hoyt recurve. When I was shooting I finger released, now I’m told it is all trigger release and I don’t know how I’d go with that.
Aren’t you the most famous Robert of Loxley who doesn’t needed an upgrade.

Recurve shooters still shoot with fingers. Doesn't quite work the same with a compound bow. I use a thumb release and others use what's known as back tension/hinge release. I don't know how I'd go with one of those being honest with you. Can't hurt to try though. Hopefully have the new bow within 2 weeks :)

Local gun shop has sold months worth of ammo in the last 2 weeks and as of today they've also been closed by the state govt. Crazy times indeed

Not a hunter but I used to build long bows and flat bows.
I also still have my Samik SKB around here somewhere...

Do you have any photos? Sounds like awesome work crafting such items!
Unfortunately not, It pre dates my smartphone days.

What is that thing?

I thought bows looked like this -

Old+Bow+and+ArrowM2.jpg

What is that thing?

I thought bows looked like this -

Old+Bow+and+ArrowM2.jpg

A compound bow provides the user with mechanical advantages

When you pull back a recurve/long bow you hold the full weight of the draw. With most compound bows, primarily hunting bows, you can adjust so you only hold a percentage of the set draw weight. In this case, the peak draw weight is 70lbs (#) but you only have to hold 15% of that, or 10.5lbs. Less tiresome if holding at full draw while out hunting waiting for the perfect shot on an animal

That's probably the biggest advantage besides accuracy shot after shot

A compound bow provides the user with mechanical advantages

When you pull back a recurve/long bow you hold the full weight of the draw. With most compound bows, primarily hunting bows, you can adjust so you only hold a percentage of the set draw weight. In this case, the peak draw weight is 70lbs (#) but you only have to hold 15% of that, or 10.5lbs. Less tiresome if holding at full draw while out hunting waiting for the perfect shot on an animal

That's probably the biggest advantage besides accuracy shot after shot

Still not a real bow ....😜

Trigger release for recurve? I've got an old Yamaha take down recurve. It occasionally gets pulled out to shoot at target but hunting is usually done with a rifle. I would also like to buy a compound bow but unfortunately other priorities get in the way.

Stick

String

Arrow

You lost me after that.

Certainly a long way from playing in the backyard as a kid!

Stick

String

Arrow

You lost me after that.

Certainly a long way from playing in the backyard as a kid!
Don’t forget to include pencil sharpener or pocket knife.

I remember when I was a kid my cousin used a pencil sharpener to have a sharp point at one end of the stick.

Here is my new release. $400 later and it's not even the one I asked for. Stuck with it now given the pandemic is hurting supply chains of some non-essential products (don't get me started on auspost lately). Anyway, after playing with it for a few hours I've decided I'll keep it. Fully adjustable including trigger travel and trigger tension. Features a pin in the thumb knob which can be screwed into the hole just below the hook. This allows the trigger to fire without actually releasing. For training purpose. Bow should arrive in the next week or so..

aSrFDF3.jpg

Here is my new release. $400 later and it's not even the one I asked for. Stuck with it now given the pandemic is hurting supply chains of some non-essential products (don't get me started on auspost lately). Anyway, after playing with it for a few hours I've decided I'll keep it. Fully adjustable including trigger travel and trigger tension. Features a pin in the thumb knob which can be screwed into the hole just below the hook. This allows the trigger to fire without actually releasing. For training purpose. Bow should arrive in the next week or so..

aSrFDF3.jpg
Nice trigger.

Good to be back in the land of the living. Finally have new internet after NBN fumbled around for some weeks. Had some mail in that time..

xDoHXMB.jpg

Definitely can't wait to get up to the NT when restrictions are eased and get onto some buffalo or banteng